Contribute
Register

Catalina Installation Stuck on second stage, it just freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don
No - Your Specs are quite high and best suited for Mac Model 19.1, the fault lies else where. Are you running the latest BIOS version for your board? The EFI Folders should not have posed any installation problems.
know about bios version but while installing Mojave I had to adjust date back to July 2019, so I said. Maybe on only newer models Catalina can be installed.
How to update bios btw z 390 m non gaming.

Adjust your BIOS time and date to reflect current date and time, your machine should not have any problem on that score. I suggested checking those time and date checks in the unlikely event that the board reverted to factory settings.
If you do not know how to update your BIOS then I suggest you leave well alone.

At this juncture, I suggest you trawled the Forums for EFI Folders with similar board and specs to your own and try to at least install Catalina. Once you reach the Desktop you can tweak the settings to suit your machine and needs. This is where Google Search comes in handy. Good luck.

UPDATE : while installing Mojave again on another disk, same efi which worked earlier and everything same, I get this error. Do you think i have bad luck ?

Attachments

• 7BF61A89-8E2E-430E-8441-03C94E39A0A7.jpeg
    7BF61A89-8E2E-430E-8441-03C94E39A0A7.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 27
Ok - Two folders for you to try and see which one works.
Didn't, help last night from above two refi, they didn't even let usb mouse and keyboard to work and stuck Stuck at [EB]#LOG:EXITBS:START]

Attachments

• 9BC5B6CE-D81D-4BCB-8FA5-B9F94A724AA5.jpeg
    9BC5B6CE-D81D-4BCB-8FA5-B9F94A724AA5.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 25
I installed Catalina 10.15.4 on the nvme Drive on Windows 10 with the help of your EFI

1. First I changed windows installation from MBR to GPT
2. Then created Partition 50GB for Catalina
3. Then increased size of Windows EFI created by default of 100 MB to 200 MB for Catalina
4. Then installed Catalina
5. Then Renamed bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi in EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ so the windows option will showup in clover to boot from Windows EFI
thats it.

I installed Catalina 10.15.4 on the nvme Drive on Windows 10 with the help of your EFI

1. First I changed windows installation from MBR to GPT
2. Then created Partition 50GB for Catalina
3. Then increased size of Windows EFI created by default of 100 MB to 200 MB for Catalina
4. Then installed Catalina
5. Then Renamed bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi in EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ so the windows option will showup in clover to boot from Windows EFI
thats it.

Seriously man you really need to use the search pane to find solutions, you'll be pleasantly surprise how easy it is to solve your problems instead of relying on spoon fed solutions. Moderator Pastrychef has an extensive step by step installation tutorial on your exact board. There are even updated examples of his EFI Folders and fixes.

Here I've done the hard work for you this is the link - 'Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM | tonymacx86 ... ' just click on the link and carefully read the tutorial step by step to understand the process so that the next time you post, you'll be telling us all your success story giving thanks and credit to Pastrychef for his write up. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back