RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
For one week, about 10 hours daily I m trying to install Catalina 10.15.4

now it is just stuck on second stage around 10 minutes, I see that it creates data folder and older folder but the installer froze, and I had to restart from the beginning.

Please help!!!

Attachments

• Almost Catalina.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 50
For one week, about 10 hours daily I m trying to install Catalina 10.15.4

now it is just stuck on second stage around 10 minutes, I see that it creates data folder and older folder but the installer froze, and I had to restart from the beginning.

Please help!!!

Try this EFI Folder, you will need to inject your own values for iCloud, Msg/F-Time, App Store etc, etc to be abled to function. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16 MB · Views: 47
Try this EFI Folder, you will need to inject your own values for iCloud, Msg/F-Time, App Store etc, etc to be abled to function. Good luck.
My USB keyboard and mouse not working when using thisefi, how do I install it ?

UPDATE : Without usb and keyboard I let it load and after 1 minutes it gives prohibited sign from Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Catalina.

Last edited:
My USB keyboard and mouse not working when using thisefi, how do I install it ?

UPDATE : Without usb and keyboard I let it load and after 1 minutes it gives prohibited sign from Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Catalina.

Remove the USBPort.kext from the kexts folder and replace it with the InjectAll.kext and reboot see if that works.

Remove the USBPort.kext from the kexts folder and replace it with the InjectAll.kext and reboot see if that works.
It loaded and reached second stage till 10 minutes remaining and then got stuck. No blinking of light in chassis either.
12248303-9C2B-4A00-83C6-759EA5F040F6.jpeg

This is the current state of EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.2 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I don't know why this is not working for you as others with Gigabyte z390 has found success with the EFI Folder I posted. Try this Folder, if this does not work, you need to carefully check that your BIOS settings are correct to install OS X.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.2 MB · Views: 38
W
With this EFI i am able to install Mojave 10.14.6 instead of Catalina Thankyou sir.

Now i have put new ssd then removed every other ssd and then Loaded Optimized Defaults then set BIOS again for install and now I am trying to install Catalina from first EFI

i will let you know which EFI works.

Attachments

• F58F6BEA-90FB-4811-A2A2-6DA5F6990B53.jpeg
    F58F6BEA-90FB-4811-A2A2-6DA5F6990B53.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 28
UPDATE Catalina 10.15.4

Attachments

• 4B0A8F77-8A25-442F-95ED-510F19EC8674.jpeg
    4B0A8F77-8A25-442F-95ED-510F19EC8674.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 38
In the BIOS Check the Date and Clock(Time) are correct.
I manually also checked date in terminal at disk utility but the error showed up, now i am tryig the other EFI

Is it possible that catalina 15.4 having problem with 19,1 smbios ?

UPDATE : it didn't work either. I give up. I better start working on Mojave. Thankyou for your help :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back