RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,
my config is:

- Gigabyte Z370P D3
- Core i7 8700
- 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200
- XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT Thicc II Ultra (connected through DisplayPort)
- Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 500 GB (Win 10)
- Samsung 950 Evo SATA (on which I want to install MacOS)

After preparing my USB stick and loading BIOS settings per TonyMac's Catalina guide, I booted from it and got stuck at the line "apfs.module.start:1683" (using flags -v -x):

photo_2020-04-02_17-11-36.jpg

You will find attached the EFI folder generated after creating the USB bootable stick with UniBeast 10.1.0, and the AIDA hardware report if you need to get some extra info about my config.

Thank you in advance for your effort.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 67
  • Report.txt
    752.2 KB · Views: 613
Last edited:
Search 1683
It’s a common issue you probably need SSDT-EC.aml in clover/ACPI/patches folder.
Thanks for your response,
I have already tried this solution with no luck. Actually I have already searched for "1683" and tried multiple solutions but the problem is still here.

If you upload misleading information then you are just wasting potential helper's time.

If you upload misleading information then you are just wasting potential helper's time.
Thanks for your useful reply but I definitely don't think that I've uploaded any misleading info.

Last edited:
UPDATE
I was able to get past the loading screen using EFI folder provided by @sashamed in:

The problem I am experiencing now is that after finishing loading, the screen turns off with no signal.
I think I have some problems with the video card (XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT Thicc II Ultra).

Any help?

UPDATE
I was able to get past the loading screen using EFI folder provided by @sashamed in:

The problem I am experiencing now is that after finishing loading, the screen turns off with no signal.
I think I have some problems with the video card (XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT Thicc II Ultra).

Any help?
Boot arg. agdpmod=pikera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back