Contribute
Register

Catalina Installation Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time I used UniBeast to create an USB Stick. Deleted the EFI Folder in the EFI Partition and put your into it(with "agdpmod=pikera" added).
I used a different USB Stick and tried it on different USB ports. Sadly nothing new here...

This time I used UniBeast to create an USB Stick. Deleted the EFI Folder in the EFI Partition and put your into it(with "agdpmod=pikera" added).
I used a different USB Stick and tried it on different USB ports. Sadly nothing new here...

I really don't know why it's stopping there...

Worse case scenario, do the macOS installation from your working Mac or hackintosh. Then transplant the SSD back to this machine.

Mh crazy idea, but if everything else fails :p
I tried for fun to boot the corrupted half install from the "2 minutes left freeze try" and it comes much further. It makes it through the verbose part, than Apple Logo, than grey screen with curser and than immediately its shuts down in verbose and off...

I think, I put my Hackintosh SSD into an external case and try the installer on my MacBook via USB, tomorrow

Mh crazy idea, but if everything else fails :p
I tried for fun to boot the corrupted half install from the "2 minutes left freeze try" and it comes much further. It makes it through the verbose part, than Apple Logo, than grey screen with curser and than immediately its shuts down in verbose and off...

I think, I put my Hackintosh SSD into an external case and try the installer on my MacBook via USB, tomorrow

It may sound crazy, but it works. Lol. I've done it plenty of times.

Install macOS from working machine.
Copy working EFI to the drive macOS was installed on.
Transplant drive back to new hack.

Hmm... What you described sounds weird... Triple check BIOS settings.

I was already in bed and actually wanted to sleep. But I had an Idea: I had an complete system(Catalina) on another SSD from my old build (that I dissembled two days ago) lain around, that I tried a few times, but don't want to boot.

But your EFI into it and boom! Boots straight up :lol:. Even sound and lan works immediately:lol:. Of cause... iCloud is unhappy but that should be fixable.

I was already in bed and actually wanted to sleep. But I had an Idea: I had an complete system(Catalina) on another SSD from my old build (that I dissembled two days ago) lain around, that I tried a few times, but don't want to boot.

But your EFI into it and boom! Boots straight up :lol:. Even sound and lan works immediately:lol:. Of cause... iCloud is unhappy but that should be fixable.

Awesome!!

Yeah, iCloud and App Store won't work until you enter your own Serial, Board Serial, and UUID in to the config.plist. Just open up the config.plist with Clover Configurator and use it to enter all that info.

Also, you should apply one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes.

You don't need SSDT-EC.aml. I already have SSDT-EC-USBX.aml in there.

Leave the "agdpmod=pikera" in there so you don't encounter black screen condition.

I didn't see any errors in your verbose. It didn't stop at "apfs_module_start:1683". It already go past that.

I don't know why it's stopped... Can you try recreating your USB installer?

It’s stopping at apfs 1176, which I believe is one of the EC fixes that are available. Search the apfs 1176

It’s stopping at apfs 1176, which I believe is one of the EC fixes that are available. Search the apfs 1176

But he already had the EC fix... The fact that his Catalina SSD boots proves it.

I searched:
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 10.23.21 PM.png

The closest match I found was:

If you look at post #3 of that thread, he also had the EC fix and got stuck at the same spot. They couldn't figure out a fix either.

My best guess was USB which is why I asked him to redo his flash drive... I think the 15 port limit KextsToPatches might be broken for 10.15.3.

Last edited:
The time for hackintoshing today is limited but two new things:

First, the working Catalina version from my old build is 10.15.1. Maybe interesting...

And the second thing is, I swapped my mainboard with an equivalent GA Z390 ITX Board, because at the first one, the I/O Shield was missing and I ordert a new one and returned the other one and it works without the MSR Unlock. Thought, that is maybe interesting, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back