CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
MOBO
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm having a bit of trouble getting Catalina installed, It would be awesome if someone had any ideas. The installer freezes with 2 minutes left and can't find any way to get past it.

Specs as in bio. The disk is a m2 970 EVO PLUS (latest firmware), the Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming board have the latest bios (F9g). Tried to replicate bios settings as in this guide and other successful install guides on the forum. As i read the logs they seem to indicate some problem with creating an APFS disk. Tried with the disk formatted as APFS from the start and Journaled, but with the same end result. The installer always freezes at the same log entry "PID: 223, Client: 'sandbox', exited with 0..."

2.jpg1.jpg

I'm having a bit of trouble getting Catalina installed, It would be awesome if someone had any ideas. The installer freezes with 2 minutes left and can't find any way to get past it.

Specs as in bio. The disk is a m2 970 EVO PLUS (latest firmware), the Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming board have the latest bios (F9g). Tried to replicate bios settings as in this guide and other successful install guides on the forum. As i read the logs they seem to indicate some problem with creating an APFS disk. Tried with the disk formatted as APFS from the start and Journaled, but with the same end result. The installer always freezes at the same log entry "PID: 223, Client: 'sandbox', exited with 0..."

View attachment 450671View attachment 450670

Please try seeing my Z390 M Gaming build thread. Link is below in my signature.

Have the same problem here. Tried tonymacx's guide to install Catalina but at the 2 minutes left mark my pc stutters and restarts automatically.

I also tried the one from pastrychef but until now I can't get the boot process started.

IMG_1314.jpg

Have the same problem here. Tried tonymacx's guide to install Catalina but at the 2 minutes left mark my pc stutters and restarts automatically.

I also tried the one from pastrychef but until now I can't get the boot process started.

Did you unlock MSR?

I've never seen the following error and don't know how to workaround it...

2.jpg

Thanks for the quick answer!

I downloaded the installed BIOS version from the manufacturer's website and looked for the MSR address (as described by you) and found out that it is the same address as your mainboard. After entering the EFI Shell I got the following output. Was it successful? I don't think so, but I'm not sure...

IMG_0519.jpg

Thanks for the quick answer!

I downloaded the installed BIOS version from the manufacturer's website and looked for the MSR address (as described by you) and found out that it is the same address as your mainboard. After entering the EFI Shell I got the following output. Was it successful? I don't think so, but I'm not sure...

View attachment 451644

Success.

IMG_0519.jpg

Okay, nice! So, now that I now that, I try your guide again. Maybe I missed something along the way.
Thank you for your work here in the community :clap:!

Okay, nice! So, now that I now that, I try your guide again. Maybe I missed something along the way.
Thank you for your work here in the community :clap:!

Try the EFI from post #4.

Okay done. Right after choosing my USB Stick in Clover I get this displayed:

IMG_8196.jpg

I tried it with the iGPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back