Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z390-f Gaming
CPU
i9
Graphics
Asus
Hello.
My problem started today, I had a new hard drive arrive for my server. The drive is a WD Red 10tb and I could not get it to be recognised by the Freenas server.
To try and check it I disconnected one of my DATA drive from my Catalina Hackintosh to try and test the drive with WD drive utilities. I was then with the drive connected unable to boot , and have been unable to boot since. The clover menu will come up, I can boot into windows 10, but when I try to boot into catalina all I get is the apple and an empty progress bar. I am using Clover, not sure what version, but I built the system just after Catalina came out.
I have the original install usb (tonyMac), but it behaves the same way as trying to boot from the drive. The drives are solid state M2'. Seperate drives for OSX and Windows and a couple of Data drives WD blacks

Not sure what to do next, can anyone help me?

Please read and comply with the forum rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

I am at present unable to boot into the system to give full details. read and comply with the forum rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.
I am at present unable to boot into the system to give full details. The system I built myself.

Hello.
My problem started today, I had a new hard drive arrive for my server. The drive is a WD Red 10tb and I could not get it to be recognised by the Freenas server.
To try and check it I disconnected one of my DATA drive from my Catalina Hackintosh to try and test the drive with WD drive utilities. I was then with the drive connected unable to boot , and have been unable to boot since. The clover menu will come up, I can boot into windows 10, but when I try to boot into catalina all I get is the apple and an empty progress bar. I am using Clover, not sure what version, but I built the system just after Catalina came out.
I have the original install usb (tonyMac), but it behaves the same way as trying to boot from the drive. The drives are solid state M2'. Seperate drives for OSX and Windows and a couple of Data drives WD blacks

Not sure what to do next, can anyone help me?

Hi there.

I know it sounds obvious - and you may have already done this - but have you tried booting with the new WD Red drive disconnected again? Still no boot with the UniBeast installer drive?

If the answer is "yes" then disconnect the Windows m.2 drive as well (you do not need to actually remove it physically just disable it in BIOS). Do the same for your data drives. Then try booting Catalina either on its own or with the UniBeast USB stick.

Let us know the result.

:)

Hi there.

I know it sounds obvious - and you may have already done this - but have you tried booting with the new WD Red drive disconnected again? Still no boot with the UniBeast installer drive?

If the answer is "yes" then disconnect the Windows m.2 drive as well (you do not need to actually remove it physically just disable it in BIOS). Do the same for your data drives. Then try booting Catalina either on its own or with the UniBeast USB stick.

Let us know the result.

:)
Thank you for your suggestions. I have disabled the two Data drives and made a couple of changes in the Bios whilst I was there. I could not see a way of disabling the windows M.2 but I found Secure Boot was enabled, so I disabled it. I remember in the past setting it to disabled, so I do not know how it changed.
I am now able to boot into OSX as prior, so will try to reboot a few times and then reintroduce the drives one at a time.
Thank you

Thank you UtterDisbelief for your suggestions and assistance. Everything is back to normal now and I drove 200 plus km in pouring rain to get the defective drive changed. All ok drive replaced and My server is now happily resilvering. So all is good in the house of Malee.

Thank you UtterDisbelief for your suggestions and assistance. Everything is back to normal now and I drove 200 plus km in pouring rain to get the defective drive changed. All ok drive replaced and My server is now happily resilvering. So all is good in the house of Malee.

Glad to hear everything is working again. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back