Contribute
Register

Catalina install on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this EFI Folder on a USB Drive before committing on your main drive, you'll have to add your own data like S/N, ROM, MLB etc, etc.
Thanks for the reply ok will put that on my USB, this “ S/N, ROM, MLB etc, etc.” Is on clover configurator form the .plist ?

Thanks for the reply ok will put that on my USB, this “ S/N, ROM, MLB etc, etc.” Is on clover configurator form the .plist ?
If you Previously ran Clover successfully with all Apple Services working i.e App Store, iCloud, Messages, F/Time then it means you had in place a working Serial Number, ROM, MLB and SmUUID values so yes use these same values from your config.plist and inject them into the config.plist of the EFI Folder I posted before testing. Good luck.

Did you update Clover to the latest version which is 5107 - for some reason on some machines OS X 15.4 will not update unless running latest Clover version. I will attach my working EFI for 15.4 but must warn you that it is configured for the latest Gigabyte Aorus Pro wifi BIOS which is ver 12c. All my ports are mapped as specified and working as should, you can try it if you want but you should try it on a spare USB Drive just incase things don't work out. Good luck.
You are a legend... I have tried and tried to get my dual monitors working and with your EFI everything works perfectly... Thankyou sooooo much

Try this EFI Folder on a USB Drive before committing on your main drive, you'll have to add your own data like S/N, ROM, MLB etc, etc.
@esafeddie hey I have the same board but I'm using Intel UHD 630 graphics 9700K.

Tried the EFI you uploaded and it seems to be working but the screen goes black at the Apple logo halfway into the boot.

Any solution?

Thanks

Last edited:
I’be got pretty much the same setup; however, with a 9900K and am having the same problem.

I’be got pretty much the same setup; however, with a 9900K and am having the same problem.
i used esafeddie EFI then added the framebuffer patch for the Z390 Aorus Elite.
It was working perfect in 10.15 but when i updated to 10.15.5 it blank screens.
Works if I do a fake ID but no accelerated gpu.

i used esafeddie EFI then added the framebuffer patch for the Z390 Aorus Elite.
It was working perfect in 10.15 but when i updated to 10.15.5 it blank screens.
Works if I do a fake ID but no accelerated gpu.
Did you update bios to the latest 12c? I simply downloaded his EFI from 24 June post and rebooted and it works instantly... I am using the latest version of clover too.. I had a working machine prior to install but I just couldn't get the dual screen to work... Try connecting only 1 screen and see if it works... I had to change nothing... I have an Aorus z390 pro wifi using bios 12c.

Reactions: Ryu
Did you update bios to the latest 12c? I simply downloaded his EFI from 24 June post and rebooted and it works instantly... I am using the latest version of clover too.. I had a working machine prior to install but I just couldn't get the dual screen to work... Try connecting only 1 screen and see if it works... I had to change nothing... I have an Aorus z390 pro wifi using bios 12c.
I could really use some help with this, still struggling and it sounds to me as if you and I may be running virtually identically configured systems.

My configuration:
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro WiFi - BIOS ver 12c
Intel i9-9900K (using integrated graphics)
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - 64GB
Samsung 970EVO - 1TB
Fenvi T919

Would you mind giving me a rundown on your BIOS settings? I know many say that BIOS settings are pretty widely published for this board; however, I find most of those builds are not using BIOS ver 12c and are using a supported AMD graphics card.

Thank You
Troy

Last edited:
Hey everyone - I'm also struggling some with:
Aorus Z390 Pro WiFi - BIOS 12c
Intel i9-9900k
>> Currently set to IGFX, but have 2nd monitor connected to...
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX580 - via DP
G.Skill Trident Z Neo - 32GB
Samsung 970 PRO m.2 - 512GB
Iogear BT adapter for magic trackpad; wired Apple keyboard
Clover v5119 per latest UniBeast

(BTW, this is my spouse's computer) I had a working Mojave install going & from what I could gather, was supposed to simply be able to run the updater through the System Prefs/App Store. Well, that crapped out on initial reboot, so I built a UniBeast key with 10.15.5 & latest UniBeast, so I could do the "alternate method" of simply doing a fresh install via USB over the existing Mojave.

Initial install goes great; reboot...now on 2nd boot up, choose the "Preloader from Preboot." Get to language selection screen and initial install wizard. Again, everything going great. After 20 min, this phase is complete. Reboot. This time, I select my SSD. Now I get hang-up here:
20200705_125048_resized.jpg

Any thoughts? @esafeddie - I'm enjoying your posts - you seem to have this all dialed in. I think I saw that you shared a working EFI folder a few posts back. I may give that a try & slap that on my UniBeast USB key. But if there's something else that jumps out at you, please let me know. TIA! --B

EDIT: I was just reviewing the post from @esafeddie on BIOS settings. The 1st 2 line items are different for me. Historically around here, the recommended setting is "Other OS" for macOS...that's what I had. I also had CSM=on. I'll switch to your recommended settings as well & retry. When I first did this build, I jotted down the BIOS settings from another user who had just updated BIOS to v11. Here's the post from that user attached:

Attachments

• BnC Build BIOS settings.pdf
    66.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back