Contribute
Register

Catalina install on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, did anyone set up the hack to be macpro 7.1 or everyone went on with imac 19.1?

I have auros z390 pro set for Mac Pro 7,1

Hey @dondragon2 so I have the same MoBo and Catalina installed without any issues, give a try to this EFI (that's what i use at the moment) you might be able to boot with it as well.

I don't know if you use iGPU or something else (I use Vega 64) but it should work anyway I think.

I used your refi but it killed the bluetooth on the fenvi919 wifi still works, any suggestions? for the internal headers

itecaudio has a macOS Wifi/BT card a Fenvi T919, just needs to map USB for motherboard
most likely the USB SSDT or Kext using has USB 2.0 headers on motherboard disabled - deleted in USB Map

The Gigabyte z390 pro for some reason is more hack friendly than the pro wi/fi. It took a lot of research and sourcing help from knowledgeable people to get my setup running just right. You have to know although two boards may have the same specifications, there will always be a slight difference between the two.

Yes the same EFI Folder will get you up and running but you should conduct some tests on the machine to insure everything is right with the components you have. For instance, when I compile my SSDTs' or DSDT's I would send the entire folder to a couple of known knowledgeable people to give the Folder a once over (over kill I know) to give me peace of mind plus they will not just fix the flaws but point out where I went wrong, that way I learn as well.

Since I cobbled this rig together, it is running as solid and as near as you can get to a real Mac - dual booting with Win10 pro, has access to all Apple Services, watch movies no problem.
All I can say is get to know and understand the process, do as much research as you can, you'll be surprise by how many tips you can pick up by just reading related posts in the Forums even from the ones that are having a problem because someone will offer a tip or a solution.

At the moment I am testing the usability of Open Core, which is reported to handle the kernel as Mac intended, because I feel just as Clover, which is a solid platform and will service Hacks for many moons more, will be overtaken by OC as Clover overtook Chameleon. It is a very steep learning curve with sometimes hard to understand documentation but I intend to immerse my self to reading and testing for the inevitable.
Sorry for the long winded explanation but research is the key. Good luck.

Hi Esafeddie I have the same motherboard as you z390 aorus pro ( non wifi ) I cant install Catalina I did a lot of boot usb and I have the same error [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] I cant make or fresh install or update from mojave

Hi Esafeddie I have the same motherboard as you z390 aorus pro ( non wifi ) I cant install Catalina I did a lot of boot usb and I have the same error [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] I cant make or fresh install or update from mojave
What BIOS version is your board (insure to install the very latest version from Gigabyte) also what boot loader are you using Clover or Opencore. May also help if you zip and post your EFI Folder.

What BIOS version is your board (insure to install the very latest version from Gigabyte) also what boot loader are you using Clover or Opencore. May also help if you zip and post your EFI Folder.
Thanks for replying :) I’m in f10 I was waiting for the update so I guess I’m going to update to f12 I use clover let me upload my efi folder

I just updated to F12c ( all Bios UI changed ) the motherboard z390 Aorus pro, I do use clover let me update mi EFI folder from my usb thumb

Attachments

• BackupEFIUSB.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 64
I just updated to F12c ( all Bios UI changed ) the motherboard z390 Aorus pro, I do use clover let me update mi EFI folder from my usb thumb
Try this EFI Folder on a USB Drive before committing on your main drive, you'll have to add your own data like S/N, ROM, MLB etc, etc.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back