i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
All-

I'm really struggling with this update. I was initially running Sierra (which was rock solid) and took the plunge to update directly to Catalina. The update appeared to succeed with the exception that sound and wifi were broken. I managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory when I attempted to fix those issues, and after multiple failed attempts I opted for a clean install. I have yet to get Catalina to boot on this system again, and I can't event get it to install. Things have now degenerated to the point that Clover loads, it attempts to boot the installer and immediately crashes with the error "In Memory Panic Stackshot Succeeded ** Bytes Traced 33424." I'm really at a loss where to go from here, and I don't know if I have a BIOS problem, a hardware problem, or a software problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• stackshot.jpg
    stackshot.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 1,078
It appears this was a BIOS problem. I reinstalled the BIOS and reset CMOS. After that, I was able to boot the installer. Still can't get Catalina to finish the install, but that is a topic for another thread.

Hey! What did you change in BIOS exactly? I am having the exact same problem and I just cannot get past it. Did the CMOS reset, optimized defaults, changed couple settings in BIOS like VT-d etc and it still won't let me get past this.

Hey! What did you change in BIOS exactly? I am having the exact same problem and I just cannot get past it. Did the CMOS reset, optimized defaults, changed couple settings in BIOS like VT-d etc and it still won't let me get past this.
Hello, do you path " Ec Spoofing " dsdt for desktop? If yes please check your Fake cpuid. If not please try path your "ec spoofing" catalina dsdt for desktop.

It could be conflict between VirtualSMC and FakeSMC (check that you have only one of them in both EFI and /Library/Extensions) and in my case it has been caused by obsolete sensor kext (I used legacy NVidia sensor kext for very old GPU and then after graphic card upgrade the system started crashing)

Hello, do you path " Ec Spoofing " dsdt for desktop? If yes please check your Fake cpuid. If not please try path your "ec spoofing" catalina dsdt for desktop.
Fake CPUID? What for is that necessary? Didn't read anything about that in the vanilla guide either. I have done that EC part BUT it gives me this error (see picture attached). Sorry for hijacking this thread.
IMG_1301.jpg

Hey, I'm having the same problem. Did this guy ever find a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back