CPU
Intel Core i5-4210Y
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4200
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Hello,

I have tried to create a hackintosh laptop using UniBeast, but I cannot get the macOS installer to load. I have successfully accessed clover, but when I try to load the installer from USB, the Apple logo comes up and the progress bar fills all the way up and then it just sits there. I am attaching verbose output as well.

I have done research and have tried various boot args, but it always still freezes. I am using a USB2 stick in a USB 2 port, and I believe I have set my BIOS to the correct settings.

The verbose output shown is using the boot args dart=0 nv_disable=1, which seem to be default. There seem to be some errors near the bottom but I don't know what they mean. This is where it freezes and it never moves past there.

I am happy to provide any further information that may be helpful. Thanks in advance.

IMG_2084.jpg

Hello,

I have tried to create a hackintosh laptop using UniBeast, but I cannot get the macOS installer to load. I have successfully accessed clover, but when I try to load the installer from USB, the Apple logo comes up and the progress bar fills all the way up and then it just sits there. I am attaching verbose output as well.

I have done research and have tried various boot args, but it always still freezes. I am using a USB2 stick in a USB 2 port, and I believe I have set my BIOS to the correct settings.

The verbose output shown is using the boot args dart=0 nv_disable=1, which seem to be default. There seem to be some errors near the bottom but I don't know what they mean. This is where it freezes and it never moves past there.

I am happy to provide any further information that may be helpful. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 505904
try the links in my signature

Ok, so I followed the steps in your OpenCore guide and have successfully booted to the installer screen. The new problem is that I cannot get my wireless networking to work, so macOS won't install. I currently have the RealtekRTL8111 kext on my USB drive, and the computer has realtek networking so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I need a different kext. I don't have an ethernet port on the computer so that's not really an option.

Ok, so I followed the steps in your OpenCore guide and have successfully booted to the installer screen. The new problem is that I cannot get my wireless networking to work, so macOS won't install. I currently have the RealtekRTL8111 kext on my USB drive, and the computer has realtek networking so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I need a different kext. I don't have an ethernet port on the computer so that's not really an option.
don't think realtek wifi is supported, you may need to replace the hardware for that

Hmm, that's certainly not ideal. Is there any way to have the full installer on the usb so that no download is necessary? I know in the guide that you only installed the recovery image, but I'm wondering if you could use the full one.

I found the wifi assembly inside the computer and it's not exactly replaceable, so that doesn't seem like an option. I believe it to be a realtek RLT8723AU, if that helps.

Hmm, that's certainly not ideal. Is there any way to have the full installer on the usb so that no download is necessary? I know in the guide that you only installed the recovery image, but I'm wondering if you could use the full one.

I found the wifi assembly inside the computer and it's not exactly replaceable, so that doesn't seem like an option. I believe it to be a realtek RLT8723AU, if that helps.
if you already own a mac or a working hackintosh, then yes, you can create the full installer, there is a link at the top of the guide for that

regarding, your wifi module, that won't work with macOS, if it is soldered onto the board, then you would have to disable the port:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...to-usb-port-configuration.286553/post-2029768

and then maybe use a usb wifi dongle instead

I do have a mac that I could use to make the installer, but I am not completely sure how that works. The guide says to make the usb using the createinstallmedia method, but once I have the usb created, how to I boot it on the pc? It says to use OpenCore, but I am not sure how to set up OpenCore having used the createinstallmedia method. What is the correct approach for doing this?

I do have a mac that I could use to make the installer, but I am not completely sure how that works. The guide says to make the usb using the createinstallmedia method, but once I have the usb created, how to I boot it on the pc? It says to use OpenCore, but I am not sure how to set up OpenCore having used the createinstallmedia method. What is the correct approach for doing this?
there are 2 steps, 1 is to use the createinstallmedia, which will basically copy the macOS installer to the usb

and 2 is to setup OpenCore to the EFI partition on the usb stick

my guide can show you how to setup the efi

How do I access the EFI partition for the usb? I have my OpenCore EFI folder ready, but I don't know where to put it on the drive. I have also built the catalina installer using createinstallmedia, so I just need to know how to do this.

How do I access the EFI partition for the usb? I have my OpenCore EFI folder ready, but I don't know where to put it on the drive. I have also built the catalina installer using createinstallmedia, so I just need to know how to do this.
hackintool can mount the efi partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back