Contribute
Register

Catalina Hackintosh Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I downloaded Hackintool, but I am having trouble figuring out how to actually mount the EFI partition. Is there a guide somewhere or could you tell me where to find that functionality. I have mainly looked under the usb and disk tabs, but can't figure out exactly how this works

Search: EFI Agent download from Github and install it.

So I downloaded EFI Agent, but I can't actually figure out how to open/use it. It just looks like a bunch of Xcode files and folders.

So I downloaded EFI Agent, but I can't actually figure out how to open/use it. It just looks like a bunch of Xcode files and folders.
you need to download the pre compiled app, click on the latest/releases option on the right hand side of the github page

Ah, that would do it. Ok, so now I have EFI Agent running, but I don't actually see an EFI partition for my Catalina installer. Am I reading this right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 2.18.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 2.18.43 PM.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 26
Ah, that would do it. Ok, so now I have EFI Agent running, but I don't actually see an EFI partition for my Catalina installer. Am I reading this right?
did you format your usb hfs guid partition?

Yeah, that would do it. I had the usb formatted as MBR instead of GPT. So I successfully installed macOS and it is running well.

However, the laptop display doesn't work, so I need to use an external display. Is there any way to fix that? Also, the built in keyboard and mouse do not work, so I am using usb ones. I assume at least the keyboard/mouse issues can be fixed with kexts, but I'm not sure where to find those or what to look for. So basically, it works fine as a desktop but not so much as a laptop. It's fine if I can't fix these but it's worth trying.

Oh, and I should add that I cannot boot to macOS straight from the hard drive. Instead, I must boot from the usb EFI partition by using the computer's startup keypress and boot menu, then choose my startup disk through opencore. I need this usb back so this can't really work as a permanent solution.

Last edited:
Yeah, that would do it. I had the usb formatted as MBR instead of GPT. So I successfully installed macOS and it is running well.

However, the laptop display doesn't work, so I need to use an external display. Is there any way to fix that? Also, the built in keyboard and mouse do not work, so I am using usb ones. I assume at least the keyboard/mouse issues can be fixed with kexts, but I'm not sure where to find those or what to look for. So basically, it works fine as a desktop but not so much as a laptop. It's fine if I can't fix these but it's worth trying.

Oh, and I should add that I cannot boot to macOS straight from the hard drive. Instead, I must boot from the usb EFI partition by using the computer's startup keypress and boot menu, then choose my startup disk through opencore. I need this usb back so this can't really work as a permanent solution.
lack of voodoops2controller.kext will cause keyboard not to work

the faq may have some other answers for you

Ok so I used KextBeast to install the voodoo kext (I think I did this right), but this didn't really fix the problem. The trackpad now works for about 5 seconds upon seeing the macOS login screen and then stops. So I know the trackpad works and macOS can see it, but I'm not sure why this isn't lasting. Still no keyboard or display.

I also added OpenCore to the system EFI partition so booting without the usb is fine now.

Ok so I used KextBeast to install the voodoo kext (I think I did this right), but this didn't really fix the problem. The trackpad now works for about 5 seconds upon seeing the macOS login screen and then stops. So I know the trackpad works and macOS can see it, but I'm not sure why this isn't lasting. Still no keyboard or display.

I also added OpenCore to the system EFI partition so booting without the usb is fine now.
KextBeast is not correct with opencore

with opencore, keep your kexts in your EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back