i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hiii I have an Acer Aspire 5 (A515-51-58XP) laptop with 240gb SSD

I tried to install cataline using the unibeast method. In the menu If I choose to start booting without any injected kexts the in the next screen I get some ...... and it stucks der and if I choose boot catalina install osx with injecting kexts I am getting stuck at d apple logo in next screen. Pllz help I am trying to build this hackintosh for last few days(I tried rehabmans clover method as well but same problem exists).

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Hiii I have an Acer Aspire 5 (A515-51-58XP) laptop with 240gb SSD

I tried to install cataline using the unibeast method. In the menu If I choose to start booting without any injected kexts the in the next screen I get some ...... and it stucks der and if I choose boot catalina install osx with injecting kexts I am getting stuck at d apple logo in next screen. Pllz help I am trying to build this hackintosh for last few days(I tried rehabmans clover method as well but same problem exists).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"

Thanks @P1LGRIM & @Feartech for your super amazing fast response. I am really blown away by the response speed of this forum which shows how active u guys are. I am almost a newbie in building a hackintosh bcoz last time as far as I remeber I build a tiger or leopard on my pentium 4 HT single core processor and that to about 10-12 years ago may be. So basically I forgot each and every steps I did back then, just remebered few concepts lightly like installing the correct kexts as per the right hardware components and cpu model. I have a imac late 2013 27" with 4th generation i5 since 2014. Since then I was a apple fan splly for their display quality and stability. But as time passed and I saw how greedy they became I recently build a PC again for me(i9-9900k(with liquid cooling),Aorus RTX 2080 8G,500GB samsung evo 970 plus M2, 32G RAM and asus rog z390-e Motherboard). I just got more curious after building catalina 10.15.1 in the acer laptop of my cousin. It just feels blazing fast like a real macbook pro , so now m thinking of adding a separate SSD only for a new hackintosh for my new PC(i have windows 10 and linux mint in separate disks currently as dual boot with default grub loader from mint.). I have 2 questions:

1)For the Acer laptop I used this link -> https://github.com/SiddheshNan/Acer-A515-51G-Hackintosh. And copied all stuffs from the clover folder of this git repo to EFI partition of the SSD but wifi was not working though. Then I got a catalina 10.15.2 update notification and by mistake I did installed the updates and as usual again many things stoped working like audio, touchpad etc. So re-copied all clover files and folder from the git page above by remounting the EFI partition from SSd using clover configurator and the audio started to work again(from speakers only but not HDMI) and also the touchpad but wifi is still not working. So the real issues for now is wifi, HDMI audio. Can I get any suggestions or idea what can be done next to fix it? Also I installed fanny in there and noticed sometimes the cpu just reaches like 70-85 deg C. Is it normal? Should I install further updates if I get any notifications?

2)after getting this acer( A515-51-58XP) catalina hackintosh up and running and seeing the performance I dont know why but I am feeling like a fool or idiot customer having the imac 27" (late 2013) . I just have the cinema display only to give the credit to for it's display quality. I wanna build my new PC a hackintosh as well and also want to have triple boot with linux,win 10 and OSX. Is this the right place to ask or should I post it in a separate thread?

I really appreciate ur all efforts for making this community so active and helpful. Also I am really sorry for my long and wrong english.

Thanks @P1LGRIM & @Feartech for your super amazing fast response. I am really blown away by the response speed of this forum which shows how active u guys are. I am almost a newbie in building a hackintosh bcoz last time as far as I remeber I build a tiger or leopard on my pentium 4 HT single core processor and that to about 10-12 years ago may be. So basically I forgot each and every steps I did back then, just remebered few concepts lightly like installing the correct kexts as per the right hardware components and cpu model. I have a imac late 2013 27" with 4th generation i5 since 2014. Since then I was a apple fan splly for their display quality and stability. But as time passed and I saw how greedy they became I recently build a PC again for me(i9-9900k(with liquid cooling),Aorus RTX 2080 8G,500GB samsung evo 970 plus M2, 32G RAM and asus rog z390-e Motherboard). I just got more curious after building catalina 10.15.1 in the acer laptop of my cousin. It just feels blazing fast like a real macbook pro , so now m thinking of adding a separate SSD only for a new hackintosh for my new PC(i have windows 10 and linux mint in separate disks currently as dual boot with default grub loader from mint.). I have 2 questions:

1)For the Acer laptop I used this link -> https://github.com/SiddheshNan/Acer-A515-51G-Hackintosh. And copied all stuffs from the clover folder of this git repo to EFI partition of the SSD but wifi was not working though. Then I got a catalina 10.15.2 update notification and by mistake I did installed the updates and as usual again many things stoped working like audio, touchpad etc. So re-copied all clover files and folder from the git page above by remounting the EFI partition from SSd using clover configurator and the audio started to work again(from speakers only but not HDMI) and also the touchpad but wifi is still not working. So the real issues for now is wifi, HDMI audio. Can I get any suggestions or idea what can be done next to fix it? Also I installed fanny in there and noticed sometimes the cpu just reaches like 70-85 deg C. Is it normal? Should I install further updates if I get any notifications?

2)after getting this acer( A515-51-58XP) catalina hackintosh up and running and seeing the performance I dont know why but I am feeling like a fool or idiot customer having the imac 27" (late 2013) . I just have the cinema display only to give the credit to for it's display quality. I wanna build my new PC a hackintosh as well and also want to have triple boot with linux,win 10 and OSX. Is this the right place to ask or should I post it in a separate thread?

I really appreciate ur all efforts for making this community so active and helpful. Also I am really sorry for my long and wrong english.
what make and model is your wifi card?

what make and model is your wifi card?
This is the great mistake I did of not finding out before proceeding the installation. Is there a way I can still find out the exact card details(I am not able to find on internet yet)?

This is the great mistake I did of not finding out before proceeding the installation. Is there a way I can still find out the exact card details(I am not able to find on internet yet)?
windows -> device manager

or run hackintool in macOS and look at the pci devices section

always best to know your hardware before trying to make it work :)

or run hackintool in macOS and look at the pci devices section

Thanks @Feartech

Also one more thing I forgot to mention. every time it starts the screen brightness is getting to max. So everytime after login I need to manually lower it from display settings. What to about it.

Attachments

• 02.jpeg
    02.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 03.jpeg
    03.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 64
Thanks @Feartech

Also one more thing I forgot to mention. every time it starts the screen brightness is getting to max. So everytime after login I need to manually lower it from display settings. What to about it.
you will need to swap out the hardware with a compatible device:

you will need to swap out the hardware with a compatible device:
Can I use USB wifi adapter ? Howto resolve the screen brightness to max after every boot up issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back