Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Catalina easy update and sound fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fea8fc2fe90 [0x7fff8faf98c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fea8fc0e7d0 [0x7fff8faf98c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fea8fc12700 [0x7fff8faf98c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }

KernelCache ID: 096F86312140429B1A7FE3F53F1B703D

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8a668dd5e0 [0x7fff8faf98c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8a64507c20 [0x7fff8faf98c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8a66b42de0 [0x7fff8faf98c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

ilaydenizs@Denizs-iMac ~ %

View attachment 467132
delete those kexts from /L/E, they are not needed there, as you have them in clover/kexts/other

then go over the link i posted on the other page regarding the audio as that appears to be missing from your config.plist

Did you try enabling the FixHPET option in Clover? With that, and the correct layout ID, that might be all you need.

Also, in Hackintool, on the screen that shows all the PCI-e devices, do you see an entry for audio (not an HDMI-connected one)?
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 12.18.49 am.png

Will re-enable FixHPET.

Are you able to share you plist file so I can compare?

Looking at https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Installation-and-usage I may need to make small changes in the plist file.
I checked both of mine (both Dell Inspiron 3670 desktops) and one has nothing but FixHPET enabled and it worked. The other had some entries in Devices/Properties to define some audio stuff, but I don't think it is necessary since my other system does not have it and audio is working.

sometimes having these enabled can work:

Code:
<key>FixTMR</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <true/>

delete those kexts from /L/E, they are not needed there, as you have them in clover/kexts/other

then go over the link i posted on the other page regarding the audio as that appears to be missing from your config.plist
Thanks...
Removed AppleALC, Lilu and WEG from /L/E folder. They only sit in the relevant EFI/../Other folder..

At this stage, do I need to rebuild the cache?

Only link you have provided is the link to Idiots Guide page. Is that what you were referring to? I check few pages back but can't find any link to audio setup guide. Apologies if I am missing something. It is already after midnight in Sydney.

Thanks...
Removed AppleALC, Lilu and WEG from /L/E folder. They only sit in the relevant EFI/../Other folder..

At this stage, do I need to rebuild the cache?

Only link you have provided is the link to Idiots Guide page. Is that what you were referring to? I check few pages back but can't find any link to audio setup guide. Apologies if I am missing something. It is already after midnight in Sydney.
yes, the idiot guide, it is very useful and has helped many peeps in getting audio working :)

there is also another readme you can check out:

but the idiot guide is very handy

yes, the idiot guide, it is very useful and has helped many peeps in getting audio working :)

there is also another readme you can check out:

but the idiot guide is very handy

thanks... thats the page I am working with...

Note: It is necessary to set value layout-id in Devices-Properties or boot arguments.
-->Testing this with different layout-id=X during boot

HDEF device locations PciRoot, gfxutil may be used: gfxutil -f HDEF
--> nothing done for this

Do not use renaming HDAS to HDEF, B0D3 to HDAU, etc.
--> These are not set in plist.

Properties hda-gfx for digital audio of video cards are injected automatically.
--> NA, since iGPU

Disable Clover's:
FixHDA, AddHDMI and UseIntelHDMI, set Devices → Audio → Inject = NO (Necessarily type string!)
--> Made sure they are all set to FALSE and Inject=NO

Will try the list of layout-ids now...

However, I would expect the AppleHDA to be loaded, regardless of the layout-id?

However, I would expect the AppleHDA to be loaded, regardless of the layout-id?

I think yes. Did you enable FixHPET? (not ResetHPET...FixHPET under ACPI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back