Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Catalina easy update and sound fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
still no luck. But thanks for the help.

I have manually copied AppleHDA, AppleALC and Lilu to S/L/E and ran the command line scripts with permission error messages after cache rebuild.

Sound is still not working.

Probably need an expert skills with why and how to make it happen.
you have patched your AppleHDA.kext which is an Apple System Kext. you should have not done that. AppleALC only works with a vanilla/untouched AppleHDA.kext

you also seem to have moved or copied it from /System/Library/Extensions to /Library/Extensions which is also wrong

delete AppleHDA.kext from /Library/Extensions

then re run the macOS installer to fix your kexts

then you best check over:

you have patched your AppleHDA.kext which is an Apple System Kext. you should have not done that. AppleALC only works with a vanilla/untouched AppleHDA.kext

you also seem to have moved or copied it from /System/Library/Extensions to /Library/Extensions which is also wrong

delete AppleHDA.kext from /Library/Extensions

then re run the macOS installer to fix your kexts

then you best check over:

Thanks, I will go through the link. Meanwhile, please correct me if I understand this this right...
You are suggesting to boot from USB again and re-install MacOS Catalina or ?
Wouldn't this delete all my apps etc?

Thanks, I will go through the link. Meanwhile, please correct me if I understand this this right...
You are suggesting to boot from USB again and re-install MacOS Catalina or ?
Wouldn't this delete all my apps etc?
yes, boot with your usb installer, there is no need to wipe, it can install over the top of your current installation. you will not loose any data

yes, boot with your usb installer, there is no need to wipe, it can install over the top of your current installation. you will not loose any data
I have re-install and read the documentation... Using Hackingtool, I have installed Lilu, Whatevergreen and AppleALC.

Didn't touch APpleHDA, which is in /S/L/E already (after re-install).

Is this all that needed to be done or I am still missing things to enable the audio?

I have re-install and read the documentation... Using Hackingtool, I have installed Lilu, Whatevergreen and AppleALC.

Is this all that needed to be done or I am still missing things to enable the audio?
And still no sound. Using layout-id=3 (11,13,7,17,18,28,27,99) and still no luck. Did I need to make any changes to the plist file?

Does the Extensions report show AppleHDA/AppleHDAController "Loaded=Yes"?

And still no sound. Using layout-id=3 (11,13,7,17,18,28,27,99) and still no luck. Did I need to make any changes to the plist file?
zip and upload your clover folder, also in terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and copy and paste the output here

Does the Extensions report show AppleHDA/AppleHDAController "Loaded=Yes"?
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 11.45.59 pm.png

zip and upload your clover folder, also in terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and copy and paste the output here

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fea8fc2fe90 [0x7fff8faf98c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fea8fc0e7d0 [0x7fff8faf98c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fea8fc12700 [0x7fff8faf98c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }

KernelCache ID: 096F86312140429B1A7FE3F53F1B703D

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8a668dd5e0 [0x7fff8faf98c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8a64507c20 [0x7fff8faf98c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8a66b42de0 [0x7fff8faf98c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

ilaydenizs@Denizs-iMac ~ %

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 11.50.22 pm.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    15 MB · Views: 76
Did you try enabling the FixHPET option in Clover? With that, and the correct layout ID, that might be all you need.

Also, in Hackintool, on the screen that shows all the PCI-e devices, do you see an entry for audio (not an HDMI-connected one)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back