Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Catalina easy update and sound fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly the same here
I completely removed voodoohda and then followed the instructions exactly in the first post.. I have sound, but only through the monitor's built in speaker and not through the desktop speakers.

Did you two fix this? Same issue here! Display audio, no 1/8th inch onboard audio.

Did you two fix this? Same issue here! Display audio, no 1/8th inch onboard audio.

Well, this was the most stupidest moment of my life. Seems that my wife used the vacuum cleaner and disconnected some plugs behind the pc and then randomly put them back in. So solving that fixed it for me.

All Working good, on GA-EX58-UD5.

Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 20.32.04.png
Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 20.45.09.png
Screenshot 2020-01-02 at 19.09.59.png

Last edited:
Didn't seem to work for me at first (had ONLY the displayport-out & microphone as audio options)...so I tried it again. This time when it asked me if I'd like to overwrite the AppleALC.kext & Lilu.kext in my /Library/Extensions (already existed from before), I said yes.

This time it worked and I have many options!

Hi, I updated from Mojave to Catalina and I followed the steps described here to fix the sound and I'm still the same

any ideas?

Captura de pantalla 2020-01-11 a las 18.01.51.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-01-11 a las 18.02.14.png

Hello, all
Updated 2 machines from Mojave like real Mac (i3-5010/i5-5250, HD5500/HD6000)

1. Update Clover to Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4961
info.plist from working Mojave - no changes
2. Download and install update from AppStore
3. All works fine except sound
Steps to fix sound (works on both machines):
1. Turn off sound hacks in Clover
2. Delete Voodoo from /Library/Extensions
3. Download latest AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext and put them into /Library/Extensions
4. Search vanila AppleHDA.kext (I found from Mojave) if there is no such file and put into /Library/Extensions
5. The new files unable to work even after the kext rebuild because of the permissions, fix it
Code:
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions
6. kext cache rebuild
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Good luck )

Thx so much! Fixed my sound. :)

That worked for me as well! Many thanks @Bleysus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back