Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX-760
Hi all,

After upgrading my hack to UEFI and Catalina it was booting pretty quickly but is getting slower and slower getting through BIOS and in to Clover. Should I be doing something to clear some sort of cache?

I'd like to keep this beast going as long as possible!

Thanks

Last edited:
For reference, it was maybe 2 years ago I did the upgrade so I'm wondering if all the updates since then have cluttered up something somehow...

Hi there.

First thing I would do is Right-Click+"Get Info" on the main drive to see how much free space there is left on it now. You can also use Disk Utility.

:)

Sorry for late reply! Didn't even occur to me to check that, I thought the slowness was before the boot of the HD, it's the UEFI BIOS image and Clover loading/scanning that's taking ages. But the HD is only about 50% used and I run Clean My Mac X regularly

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Let's take this one step at a time:

1. Disconnect/remove your internal and external drives including any USB sticks.

2. Restart the computer after turning off the power at the wall outlet for 10 seconds.

3. Press delete/F2/Whatever and report back how long it takes to get to the BIOS screen.

That may indicate if you have a problem in the BIOS ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back