Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi, I'm relatively new to hackintoshes, but I had a working build using High Sierra for the past couple years. I decided it was time to ditch my 980 TI, pick up an AMD card, and upgrade to Catalina. I followed ModMike's installation guide as closely as I could, using his Catalina-DGPU EFI folder, making no changes. I got it up and running with my Nvidia card still in the machine, no acceleration. I copied the Installer's EFI folder over to the system drive, swapped the 980 TI for the new 5700 XT, and now it hangs on boot everytime. I've read through a lot of threads on here, and tried some of the solutions people have used: various different BIOS settings, agdpmod=pikera boot arg, but nothing seems to work. Being a total noob, I thought I'd check with the experts and see if anyone has any insights

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3211.jpg
    IMG_3211.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 114
should work, what kexts are you using and where do you have them located ?

I seem to have gotten it up and running by changing the SMBIOS to iMacPro 1,1 and disabling iGPU, but I'm still having stability issues. It will only boot when I uncheck InjectATI in the Clover Boot Options, even though thats not a setting that's checked in my config.plist, so I'm not sure how to make that permanent. And left unattended, the machine will reboot itself, maybe while trying to sleep, i'm not sure yet. The boot itself sems a little long, too, and the gpu fans roar at full speed until the OS loads

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 4.57.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 4.57.05 PM.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 99
what versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen do you have ?

Lilu 1.4.0 and WEG 1.3.5

...It will only boot when I uncheck InjectATI in the Clover Boot Options, even though thats not a setting that's checked in my config.plist, so I'm not sure how to make that permanent. (...) The boot itself sems a little long, too, and the gpu fans roar at full speed until the OS loads

Hey Spiegel! We both seem to be experiencing the same symptoms. I have a Sapphire RX 5700. I only get it to boot when I uncheck "InjectATI" in the Clover boot options, and it also takes an unusually long time to boot. I managed to force that setting to be always off by adding this to the config.plist

XML:
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
    <key>Inject</key>
    <dict>
        <key>ATI</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>
</dict>

Thankfully for me, I'm not getting random reboots. But please let me know if you find a way to make it better.

Btw, I also had to disable "inject Intel". I noticed that injecting for both ATI and Intel injection seem to default to true if you don't specifically add these lines to your Clover config:

XML:
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
    <key>Inject</key>
    <dict>
        <key>ATI</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Intel</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>
</dict>

Doing this solved an issue I was having with iMovie, and it also made the booting noticeably faster. Now I have a fully functional hackintosh running the 5700. Hope this helps.

I successfully upgraded my main Hack (The Z270 listed in my profile) from an RX560 to an RX5500 XT. I had to still insert the "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument in my config.plist but other than checking "RadeonDeInit" under "Graphics" in CloverConfigurator, I don't have either InjectATI or InjectIntel checked (I'm running the IGPU headless).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back