Contribute
Register

Catalina blank black screen after installation. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P8Z77-M
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi,

I am wondering if someone more knowledgable can help me out please.

I have an older hackintosh working on some older hardware (Sierra) so I thought I would give Catalina a crack.

I made it the installation and installed it to a new ssd but then I just get a permenant black screen when trying to boot the os for the first time.

I’m a bit out of my league now and not sure where to look. I’m sure this should be possible as I have Sierra running on the exact same hardware as mentioned before.

Any help or guidance or where to look would be much appreciated in advance. Thanks,

Any help or guidance or where to look would be much appreciated in advance. Thanks,
Complete your profile for support and use the site search facility :thumbup:

HD3000 is not supported on Catalina unless you do this:

HD3000 is not supported on Catalina unless you do this:
Thanks for the info. Sorry the intel video was the onboard video for that motherboard. I also have an AMD card HD 7850 that works fine on Sierra.

Thanks for the info. Sorry the intel video was the onboard video for that motherboard. I also have an AMD card HD 7850 that works fine on Sierra.
now you can see why hardware profile is important.....

also this needs addressing:

1.jpg

Okay, just a quick bump. Can anyone help with my black screen post install please. I am a bit of a noob in this area, not sure how to insert kexts and stuff, even if you could just point me to the right direction would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back