Vega 56
  1. MSI Video Card Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8G OC 1722 MHz
  2. MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB
  3. I7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz liquid cooled
  4. 56gb DDR4 2400
  5. WD Black 1TB NVME WDS100T3X0C-00SJG0
  6. ASUS MX38VC
  7. IOGEAR USB bluetooth
  8. BCM94360CS2 (bluetooth worked with skylake MB with M2. however I had issues with NFF PCIE Adapter on this build)
  9. Corsair Dark Core RGB Mouse - beta CUE software works.
I had a few issues trying to get my pre-installed OS Catalina beta with bootcamp installed to boot with this motherboard.
I had to pretty much have minimal kext. Options such as fix USB, fix shutdown etc. would crash on idle or prevent booting. There wasn't any forgiveness. I also needed AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.

The Asus monitor works with Retina display mode options out of the box with the Vega 56 RX. I am impressed on how the screen DPI scales and how clear it can stay if you force it to higher resolution with RDM app. Even at 7680x3198 is 95% clear.
at 4096 x 1706 looks about the same as the native 3840 x 1600. I almost wished I would have gotten the 49" 1440p monitor now.

I had issues with the corsair mouse and random crashes while actively using the machine or after waking it up.
I had to :
1. Configure usb ports
2. remove all traces of failed attempts to get BT working on the wifi card. It worked with my Skylake MB but not this one.
3. Once I got BT working, corsair cue software detected the mouse and the corsair mouse started to respond on boot instead of having to reseat the adapter.

Location services works fine.
sleep, hibernation and waking with bluetooth keyboard and mouse works just fine now.
I still have a crash if safari starts to act crazy and constantly reloads the page. Chrome seems to crash the build too once in awhile. This may have started after Catalina beta 7.

Microsoft edge dev works great though.
Initially I had pink lines appear on the boot logo screen until the login. Once configured the USB ports and cleaned up all graphics kext, wakeup fixes and black screen patches were remove, the pink lines went away and the sleep/wake/hibernation

2nd monitor works great. The Vega worked out of the box and it's nice not having to remap and configure video ports.

Hey

Nice post. I have the same MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8G OC but I still have the pink lines.

As everyone says, it's nothing that impacts function, purely cosmetic.

But I would like to know what changes you made to remove them,
"Once configured the USB ports and cleaned up all graphics kext, wakeup fixes and black screen patches were remove, the pink lines went away and the sleep/wake/hibernation"

Thanks

Any news on these pink lines? I am thinking of buying this Vega card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back