Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
rx5700
Hi,

I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 with the latest 2021-001 update using Clover 5119 (iMac 19.1, iGPU headless). After applying the latest Security Update I notice audio crackling. Logic Pro turnes unusable and I have to turn the audio-buffer up to 1024 samples to be able to work. I use a Focusrite Saffire PRO40 FireWire 400 soundcard. However (and strangely enough), the problem disappears completely after one round of Sleep - Wake, and then I can use the minimum of 32 samples buffer with tons of tracks and plugins without any issue (and thus, the problem might have existed over time as I usually let my machine sleep). Video in Safari is the same btw.

In the console I can read this error after each "audio-crackle:"

"hals_ioa1engine::endwriting: got an error from the kernel trap, error: 0xe00002ee"

Could this be some kind of energy management fault? Any BIOS setting that should be changed? Is the issue known to anybody? Otherwise my build is perfectly stable and not overclocked. 64 GB of RAM, so plenty of memory-headroom.

I see that some have disabled the serial and parallell port to correct sim,ilar problems, but I have no such ports.

Regards

I updated the UEFI-BIOS from F10c to F10i and found the serial disable option. Problem seems to be solved! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back