Contribute
Register

Catalina (10.15) public beta 4 to public beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the developer version - might be on a different schedule from the public beta.

They also stagger the releases sometimes, so it rolls out slowly. Gives them a better chance of stopping it early if they missed something bad.

I'm not convinced that it's stuck at "apfs_module_start:1682:" by the way.

I added a few more Kexts to my Clover config - ones that I had installed in the system but not in Clover - and that resulted in a few more log messages after the apfs one during a verbose boot.

I suspect what's actually happening is that something quite early on in the boot is disabling/redirecting the log output - and that apfs message is just pretty much the last one that makes it through.

Which is going to make it tricky to work out what the hell is actually going on.
Which Kexts did you add?

new build updated just fine
I am using newer clover build of 2.5 5028
lilu
applealc
whatevergreen

here
I removed things specific for my motherboard

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    42 MB · Views: 272
here
I removed things specific for my motherboard
Thanks to you I successfully installed the update. Also after copying the ACPI patches you used I was able to boot with my bootloader too. Where did you find those ACPI patches?

I ditched my corrupted beta 4, re-ran an earlier beta installer I had on my Mojave partition and got back up & running.

Then upgraded to Clover 5033.

Downloaded the beta 5 updater again.

Had just started running the install, and... had a power outage!

I live on an island... these things happen.

Typical though!

Still waiting for the power to come back up, I really hope it's not all corrupted again!

samdeane, the same thing happened to me and it was solved by adding the SSDT-ECUSBX.aml in ACPI / patched.

Attachments

• SSDT-ECUSBX.aml
    290 bytes · Views: 227
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back