Contribute
Register

Catalina (10.15) public beta 4 to public beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get it working with a hybrid of the Clover folder from @foster's post above (with the SSDT-ECUSBX.aml and SSDT-EC.aml files ACPI patches), my old config.plist, and my own SSDT-UIAC.aml which I built with Hackintool.

I took Clover and the drivers from the folder @foster uploaded, which is Clover 5028.

My original attempt to use Clover 5033 wasn't working.

I think it's either a driver difference, one of the extra Kexts that I added to the base 5033 install, or a Kext in @foster / blouse's clover folder that is missing from my 5033 install.

I have my Clover folder in git so I'm currently trying to triangulate exactly what the problem is.

... and finally it's all working with Clover 5033.

Have attached my Clover folder in case it helps anyone else.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    12.2 MB · Views: 336
... and finally it's all working with Clover 5033.

Have attached my Clover folder in case it helps anyone else.

Thanks for sharing the EFI! I can't upgrade from beta 3, so I am gonna see what's the difference here in the config.
But just want to let you that you forgot to remove the SMBIOS info :)

Doh! Thanks, I've re-uploaded it now.

NP! I tried the `SSDT-EC.aml` , it does solve my `Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND` And I completed the installation successfully, but my beta 5 is not very stable, the system reboots randomly from time to time.

So I am gonna just restore back to mojave for now and deal with that later when I have more time.

@samdeane : Thank you so much for sharing this. Finally I'm on Catalina with the help of SSDT-ECUSBX.aml. The SSDT-EC.aml alone didn't work for me.
But I see you use them both together. Is that possible without any problems? First you add an EC device and then you add even a 2nd EC device through the rename in SSDT-EC.aml.

Edit: I don't know if this looks right. I have 2 times the EC but EC has information. So it seems that I need the rename EC0 to EC too, isn't it?

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2019-10-16 om 21.00.21.png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-10-16 om 21.00.21.png
    284 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back