3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Portable
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This update worked pretty smoothly for me. YMMV!

One thing to watch out for (common to all updates, not just this one) is that the boot volume needs to change to a temporary macOS Installer partition, and that it reboots multiple times during the install.

If, like me, you are dual-booting, Clover might not pick up the right partition when the installer first reboots.

After I figured out what was going on, I picked it manually. It has "macOS Installer" in the name.

During the install it reboots a number of times, and having had the problem with picking the right volume initially, I started wondering whether I was going to have to manually switch back to the real boot volume at the end of the installation.

I was worried that I might get stuck in an endless loop if I just left it booting on the installer partition.

It turns out that I didn't need to worry.

Eventually the temporary partition went away again, and I was able to boot normally.

Same here. Everything worked smoothly. Just fyi for anyone who is seeing a message that

“Macintosh” contains files on the root of the volume. If you continue installation, these files will be deleted.

I went ahead and installed the update. Nothing was deleted on Macintosh-Data volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back