Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
CPU
INTEL I7-10700k
Graphics
XFX RADEON 5700XT
Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum trying to find a solution for my problem. I've installed OSX Catalina 10.15.7 using OpenCore. I got pretty much everything working properly (including the onboard intel wifi adapter) but didn't have any success with Bluetooth. I purchased a Fenvi FV T919 thinking that it will work right out of the box and I don't have to trouble my mind with Intel kexts. Wifi does work out of the box however I just cannot Bluetooth to work with this card. My configuration:

INTEL I7-10700k
XFX RADEON 5700XT

The USB cable is plugged into the motherboard but when I try to use Hackintool or USBMap I cannot see anything related to BCM. It's like the device is not even detected. I checked BIOS, the ports are enabled and all settings seem to be correct.

I tried using first PCI port, next to the GPU. No luck.
I tried installing BCM kexts (BrcmPatchRAM3.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext). No luck. It's like it's refusing to detect the card.

I thought that if I remap the USB ports it would work but there is nothing to remap since it's not even detected.
Does anyone know what I can do to make this work? I would really like to use this card since without BT working I don't have a need for it. My wifi was already working properly with the onboard Intel one.

Attached is a screenshot of what USBMap sees. No BCM :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 6.38.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 6.38.19 PM.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 79

Thanks @P1LGRIM but that guide is a bit outdated for my setup. Would like to know if someone with Catalina has had success with this card.

Thanks @P1LGRIM but that guide is a bit outdated for my setup. Would like to know if someone with Catalina has had success with this card.
I have your card, and it should work out of the box as long as your internal USB2 port is enabled.

I have your card, and it should work out of the box as long as your internal USB2 port is enabled.

It should like it did before for me as well with 10.15.0 till 1.15.6 but it doesn’t since then it doesn’t.

what has been flaky is Bluetooth , whereas it’s WiFi is good.

Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum trying to find a solution for my problem. I've installed OSX Catalina 10.15.7 using OpenCore. I got pretty much everything working properly (including the onboard intel wifi adapter) but didn't have any success with Bluetooth. I purchased a Fenvi FV T919 thinking that it will work right out of the box and I don't have to trouble my mind with Intel kexts. Wifi does work out of the box however I just cannot Bluetooth to work with this card. My configuration:

INTEL I7-10700k
XFX RADEON 5700XT

The USB cable is plugged into the motherboard but when I try to use Hackintool or USBMap I cannot see anything related to BCM. It's like the device is not even detected. I checked BIOS, the ports are enabled and all settings seem to be correct.

I tried using first PCI port, next to the GPU. No luck.
I tried installing BCM kexts (BrcmPatchRAM3.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext). No luck. It's like it's refusing to detect the card.

I thought that if I remap the USB ports it would work but there is nothing to remap since it's not even detected.
Does anyone know what I can do to make this work? I would really like to use this card since without BT working I don't have a need for it. My wifi was already working properly with the onboard Intel one.

Attached is a screenshot of what USBMap sees. No BCM :(

@P1LGRIM is dead right but you need the updated USBInjectAll.kext (I forget the exact name) to enable the internal USB ports which you can find in this forum and @scope666 has documented here.

@P1LGRIM and @Leesureone do you we should be using usbmap with usbinjectall ?
I don't really understand what you are asking. I used the updated version of the USBInjectAll.kext with Hackintool to create a USBPorts.kext. If that is what you mean then yes.

Last edited:
I don't really understand what you are asking. I used the updated version of the USBInjectAll.kext with Hsckintool to create a USBPorts.kext. If that is what you mean then yes.
yes that's what I mean. You have a 15 port limit including needing 2 ports total for USB3, so its possible that you didn't enable your internal usb 2 port. Keep in mind each internal header contains 2 ports. The Fenvi card will only use one of those ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back