RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Recently I have built my first hackintosh dual boot system with Catalina and Win 10.

My system is:

i7 9700K
GIGABAYTE Z390 AORUS PRO
SAPPHIRE RADEON RX 5700 XT
32GB DDR4 3600MHz Crucial Balistix Elite
SAMSUNG 970 Evo NvMe M.2 (i have two of them, one is for mac the other for windows)
CORSAIR HX850

Catalina instalation was 10.15.4 and then I installed 10.15.6 combo update and both went without a problem.

I made a custom USB map and everything was working fine for a day.

Then this problem appeard and I just don`t know how to fix it.

Used Catalina just fine, opened Win 10, played some games, tried to reboot back to macOS, and macOS is not booting.

I have attached my EFI folder if anybody has any ideas and can help in any way.

IMG_3110.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to enter my BIOS settings

BIOS version is F11.

From optimized default settings I have changed this.

Vt-d: disabled
Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.): Profile 1
Fast Boot: disabled
LAN PXE Boot option ROM: disabled
USB Configuration
Legacy USB support: enabled
XHCI Hand-off: enabled
USB Mass Storage Driver Support: enabled
Port 60/64 Emulation: enabled
SATA Mode Selection AHCI
DVM-T Pre-allocated 64MB
DVMT Total Gfx Mem 256MB
Platform Power Managment: disabled
Storage Boot Option Control: UEFI
Other PCI devices: UEFI
Windows 8/10 Features: Windows 8/10

Did you reboot Win10 or power off Win10 before booting to Mac OS? When you tell Win10 to reboot it does not let go of resources - the drivers are kept active to shorten boot time. When going from Mac OS to Win10 you can select the apple an select restart and then select the Win10 icon in Clover or OC - no problem because Mac OS releases the real estate and reloads drivers from scratch. Going the other way, Win10 to Mac OS it is best to tell Win10 to Shutdown rather than reboot.

I rebooted unfortunately. Thanks for the advice, I really didn't know that.

But can that really cause the situation I am in now?...As of today, I cannot boot anything macOS related on my PC.

If I try macOS...prelinked kernels....if I try recovery....same thing...even my installer usb isn't working any more.

Can't boot from it, can't reinstall. Does Hackintosh have some kind of PRAM or NVRAM reset?....maybe that would help.

Did Win10 do any updates while you were booted to it? Double check your UEFI/BIOS settings.

Another thing to try is boot in Recovery mode, open terminal and enter the following to rebuild kextcache:

touch -c "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions"

Last edited:
I've disabled windows updates, they aren't updating. I have checked BIOS settings and they are as they were when I installed catalina.

I can't boot anything mac os...not the system, no recovery, nothing....even my install usb with the original uefi used for instalation isn't working. Can't boot from it to catalina and can't reinstall.

Just a quick follow-up, I did a CMOS reset, which allowed me to boot up into mac os, then tried testing multi booting between Win 10, shutting down the system in between and everything works fine for now.

This was driving me crazy and it turns out to be such a simple solution.

Thanks Going Bald.

Just a quick follow-up, I did a CMOS reset, which allowed me to boot up into mac os, then tried testing multi booting between Win 10, shutting down the system in between and everything works fine for now.

This was driving me crazy and it turns out to be such a simple solution.

Thanks Going Bald.

Nice to hear that you could boot into macOS again.

Did you resolve the error message thing?

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 9.49.16 PM.png

It started happening again some time after that last post unfortunately.

I removed Windows because I thought they were causing the problem, but the same thing started happening
with my macOS backup drive.

If I was booting between my main system and my backup drive same thing happened.

But then I found that I can enable native NVRAM by copying this SSDT in my ACPI/patched folder and delete EmuVariableUefi.efi which is used for emulating NVRAM.

I decided to buy a hot swap 5,25 drive bay just for precaution so I can physically remove/turn off my macOS drive before booting into another OS.

Now I am again multibooting between macOS and Windows and haven't had that problem again.

Did a couple of macOS updates in that time, currently running 10.15.7 and Windows 10 2004

Attachments

• SSDT-PMC.aml.zip
    981 bytes · Views: 216
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back