Motherboard
Asus TUF Z390 Plus Gaming
CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update from 10.15.1 did not work, after reboot it is still 10.15.1. So I decided to boot "MacOS Install prebooter" or something like this, thinking that the update should run off a different partition prepared before reboot. The prebooter of course didn't do it, instead it completely messed up my system. So I booted off my backup disk, which still is 10.15.1 (a backup from day before). Btw it states that the macOS is up to date - no new versions.. However, my main partition is now not working (some apfs_spec_read_wrapper errors popping forever) so I want to restore my system from the backup disk.

What I did is I do the reverse of rsync that is usually done daily from cron. This did not help. The system behaves the same - these errors. What confuses me is the data partition - macOS since Catalina uses 2 partitions. My rsync script has /Volumes excluded but obviously data partition is somehow backed up since I can normally start OS with all user data from my backup disk. There is mounted the broken Mac partition, also Mac - data. They can be unmounted. The original system appears as 2 partition of 1 disk. The backup is 1 partition. How to assemble data partition? I think I need to restore or reconstruct this partition. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or how to finish this broken update? Thank you very much.

Please delete this thread, I can't. The issue is not solved so I'm going to reformat and clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back