Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Catalina 10.15.4 HD4600 7mb memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would do with your config to improve performance and stability.
  • Change SMBIOS to iMac15,1 which is newer than you already used. This one is done.
  • Recreate serials, boardid etc for the new SMBIOS, iMac15,1.
Yes, I already generated a new serial, smUUID, Boardid... for this 15.1
  • Change AAPL,ig-platform-id from 0300220D to 04001204 because you have dGPU now and this will make it run like a real Mac by using both iGPU and dGPU together. This is also required for DRM to work.
I already updated to 04001204 when saw the VDA decoder failed in hackintool
  • DRM fix for watching Netflix, Amazon Prime, iTunes, Tv+ etc. Adding shikigva=80 argument to boot-args in config.plist.
Have just added shikigva=80
You have 24GB ram. I assume you had 2x4GB then bought 2x8GB and using them together. For all ram sticks, are those the same brand and model?
No it has different brand, Corsair(2x8) and Gskill(2x4) is there any problem with it? I used these ram from High Sierra

Yes, I already generated a new serial, smUUID, Boardid... for this 15.1

I already updated to 04001204 when saw the VDA decoder failed in hackintool

Have just added shikigva=80

No it has different brand, Corsair(2x8) and Gskill(2x4) is there any problem with it? I used these ram from High Sierra
Great! Now you have the hw that I plan to upgrade. Both RAM and dGPU. I'm considering to get RX 5500 XT or 5600, I haven't decided yet. They usually recommend Sapphire brand but I guess Asus works well too.

As for RAM sticks, I'm considering to buy 2x8GB sticks and I read a lot about all 2 or 4 sticks need to be the same brand, model and frequency etc in order to maintain stability and avoid memory issues. Maybe you are lucky to match 2 different brands and they are happy to work together.

Have you checked DRM content to see if they all work?

I'm considering to get RX 5500 XT or 5600, I haven't decided yet. They usually recommend Sapphire brand but I guess Asus works well too.
Yup currently, my Asus card work well, I try to play some game on this: dota2, underlords... not a big deal because these games didn't use much hardware related to VGA side.

Another thing, these kinds of VGA quite heavy, so I need to modify my case with a shelf to keep the mainboard from being deformed.

As for RAM sticks, I'm considering to buy 2x8GB sticks and I read a lot about all 2 or 4 sticks need to be the same brand, model and frequency etc in order to maintain stability and avoid memory issues. Maybe you are lucky to match 2 different brands and they are happy to work together.
I forgot to mention, these rams weren't the same brand but they have the same profile (frequence, cas...)

Have you checked DRM content to see if they all work?
I think it works, I'm watching Netflix currently.

Another thing: I'm searching arount for how to config 2 dGPU because I have another NVIDIA card which is rtx2070, I didn't use this card from Mojave and currently Catalina, I'm thinking about Rtx for windown and rx for Macos

Yup currently, my Asus card work well, I try to play some game on this: dota2, underlords... not a big deal because these games didn't use much hardware related to VGA side.

Another thing, these kinds of VGA quite heavy, so I need to modify my case with a shelf to keep the mainboard from being deformed.
Do fans stop most of the time? RX cards have this feature which is "cool" (pun intended) for minimal noise.

I might do the same since I have similar age HW. More importantly length of the card matters to me most as I have an old case and the current GTX650 Ti is 9.05 inches (230 mm) and it's barely fits to the case due to the HDD bays next to it. If I can't find a card in this size I may need to find another place for my 2 HDDs.
I forgot to mention, these rams weren't the same brand but they have the same profile (frequence, cas...)
People reported whether they shared the same freq, cas etc, there were issues when mixed brands used. It might be hit and miss. Wish me luck! lol
I think it works, I'm watching Netflix currently.

Another thing: I'm searching arount for how to config 2 dGPU because I have another NVIDIA card which is rtx2070, I didn't use this card from Mojave and currently Catalina, I'm thinking about Rtx for windown and rx for Macos
Well you may need to disable the RTX with DSDT or SSDT if you don't want it to run for nothing when MacOS runs. And disabling dGPU with DSDT or SSDT is pain in the ... Been there done that for my old laptop. But may be there is a more easier way of doing so now. Good luck with that.

Cheers!

Do fans stop most of the time? RX cards have this feature which is "cool" (pun intended) for minimal noise.
yes, stop most of the time, even the led light, I modify it on Window to show temp via led light, but in MacOS somehow it turns red every time (green for < 50, red for >= 80), I use tool to check temp and cur temp around 55, it should be yellow but it turns red. Anw, it's not a big deal.

I might do the same since I have similar age HW. More importantly length of the card matters to me most as I have an old case and the current GTX650 Ti is 9.05 inches (230 mm) and it's barely fits to the case due to the HDD bays next to it. If I can't find a card in this size I may need to find another place for my 2 HDDs.
My VGA around >300mm, so first thing, I need to modify the case (cut the HDD bay, make the shelf...) and yes, I have an old type case too.
People reported whether they shared the same freq, cas etc, there were issues when mixed brands used. It might be hit and miss. Wish me luck! lol

Well you may need to disable the RTX with DSDT or SSDT if you don't want it to run for nothing when MacOS runs. And disabling dGPU with DSDT or SSDT is pain in the ... Been there done that for my old laptop. But may be there is a more easier way of doing so now. Good luck with that.

Cheers!
I'm still reading around to do that, wish me luck mate.
It's hard to find DDR3 currently in my place, harder to find DDR3 same branch and profile as my current(2x8), that why I buy another (2x4). Hope it easier to find these type in your place. Good luck to you bro.

Edit: I have just applied Enhance rx5000 from this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-radeon-performance-enhanced-ssdt.296555/ which increase my Geekbench 5 point for OpenCL from 56xxx to 69xxx, Metal from 44xxx to 77xxx, and yes, the temp decrease around 5°C (measure with tool), still don't know how to measure with software (HW monitor not working with my card)

Last edited:
My VGA around >300mm, so first thing, I need to modify the case (cut the HDD bay, make the shelf...) and yes, I have an old type case too.
30cm is way long, it must be one of the cards that has 3 fans.
I have Cooler Master Centuiron 5 and luckily my HDD bay is removable with screws. But I hope I can find a card smaller than 30cm so I won't need removing the HDD bay.
Centurion_izo.jpg
Centurion_inside1_big.jpg

Edit: I have just applied Enhance rx5000 from this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-radeon-performance-enhanced-ssdt.296555/ which increase my Geekbench 5 point for OpenCL from 56xxx to 69xxx, Metal from 44xxx to 77xxx, and yes, the temp decrease around 5°C (measure with tool), still don't know how to measure with software (HW monitor not working with my card)
Woow! Thanks for bringing this up! I'll look into it when I get my card as well. One thing though, I don't like using SMBios iMac Pro 1.1 as it brakes CPU Power Management which means high CPU frequencies, high CPU temps, high power draw all the time.

For HW monitoring I suggest use VirtualSMC's plugins, SMCSuperIO and SMCProcessor. Copy and paste them along with VirtualSMC.kext into Clover/kexts/Other folder. Then you'll be able to see temps, freqs etc in one of the monitoring software like iStat Menus. Btw, if you already have FakeSMC, make sure remove it before using VirtualSMC and its plugins.

I have Cooler Master Centuiron 5 and luckily my HDD bay is removable with screws. But I hope I can find a card smaller than 30cm so I won't need removing the HDD bay.
ahaha, I have that case too. I removed all HDD bay, this is my case before mod (around 3 month ago)
12122904_1147188098643229_8951060335319082528_n.jpg

Woow! Thanks for bringing this up! I'll look into it when I get my card as well. One thing though, I don't like using SMBios iMac Pro 1.1 as it brakes CPU Power Management which means high CPU frequencies, high CPU temps, high power draw all the time.
I'm still using Imac 15,1 with a little bit modify in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement via Kernel Kext patches, and until now, things going fine.

For HW monitoring I suggest use VirtualSMC's plugins, SMCSuperIO and SMCProcessor. Copy and paste them along with VirtualSMC.kext into Clover/kexts/Other folder. Then you'll be able to see temps, freqs etc in one of the monitoring software like iStat Menus. Btw, if you already have FakeSMC, make sure remove it before using VirtualSMC and its plugins.
I'm already put all these kexts with the latest version in place, but there is just little bit info related to VGA show up.
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 4.27.52 PM.png

ahaha, I have that case too. I removed all HDD bay, this is my case before mod (around 3 month ago)View attachment 493935
No way! lol! It's a good case though, I only had to replace PSU once.
I'm still using Imac 15,1 with a little bit modify in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement via Kernel Kext patches, and until now, things going fine.
Hmm, why did you need to mod it? Please share the patch.
I'm already put all these kexts with the latest version in place, but there is just little bit info related to VGA show up.
View attachment 493936
Same here with GTX 650 Ti here, it might be related to our mobo chipset then. I don't see any fan speeds too.

Btw, have you switched to OpenCore? There is an issue with X99 mobos, OC bricks them! I'd like to hear your exp if you have any.

Hmm, why did you need to mod it? Please share the patch.
Later, I don't have my Haswell currently. I'm using the new one. Will share with you about this when back home.
Btw, have you switched to OpenCore? There is an issue with X99 mobos, OC bricks them! I'd like to hear your exp if you have any.
Hmm, I don't have any x99 mobo, I don't have any chance to make hackintosh on this before.
Currently, I'm using z490 mobo, with OC 0.6.3 and Big Sur release. Everything work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back