i7-4770k
Graphics
intel graphic HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
First of all, I know that there are many threads like this out there, I try all but no luck, and post question there but somehow there is no answer so I decided to ask in a new thread here. Sorry if this thing disturbs you all.

Problem: hd4600 only 7mb on Catalina 10.15.4
Things I've tried:
  1. Devices/Fake ID/IntelGFX: 0x04128086, Graphics: InjectIntel: true, ig-platform-id: 0x0D220003 but no luck, macOS boot keep restart at error gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
  2. Devices/Properties: device-id and AAPL,ig-platform-id same as the picture below
    Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 2.30.40 AM.png
these data were generated by hackintool. Still no luck, macOS keep restaring, I will take screenshot about this later

I'm using Clover r5119 and Lilu, weg, AppleAlc aready in kexts/Other, SSDT-EC already in ACPI/patched, SMBIOS: imac14,2

If you have any idea about this error, I really appreciated

EDIT: SOLVED

for the person like me, the first thing you need to do is keep only 1 monitor plugged (DVI, HDMI not matter). When you plugged both DVI and HDMI at the same time, this thing will make MacOS keep restart when detect second monitor, I think it related to issue Hotplug HDMI reboot and I don't have any solution currently.

AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0300220D

After booted into MacOS, apply Hotplug Reboot fix, so you can plugged remain HDMI or DVI after that. Just remember, don't plugged second monitor when booting.

Update: DRM not work when using Safari, worked on Chrome and Firefox.

Last edited:
Archangeliques
Delete:
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • VoodooHDA.kext
  • VoodooTSCSync.kext
Make sure others are up to date.
I deleted 3 kexts above and the others up to date.

Archangeliques said:

Delete all DSDT and SSDT files from ACPI patched and origin folders except SSDT-EC.aml. Without this one you cannot boot into the MacOS.
I deleted all other files in the patched and origin folder, keep only SSDT-EC.aml

Archangeliques said:
You didn't write what drivers you have. Make sure to have the ones below only in Drivers/UEFI!
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • AptioMemoryFix.efi
  • HFSPlus.efi
Sorry I missed this, the driver I have:

• AptioMemoryFix.efi
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • AppleImageCodec.efi
  • AppleKeyAggregator.efi
  • AppleUITheme.efi
  • AudioDxe.efi
  • DataHubDxe.efi
  • FirmwareVolume.efi
  • FSInject.efi
  • HFSPlus.efi
  • VirtualSmc.efi

Archangeliques said:
I've cleaned up your config file. Make sure rename it to config.plist before restarting your OS.
MacOS can't boot, it stuck on this screen, hang forever there.
20201017_140546.jpg

Archangeliques said:
You must redo the SMBIOS info as I've changed it to iMac15,1. You cannot use the data you created for iMac14,2 or 14,1. You need new serial and all. Just try this config attached below and if you can boot into the desktop then you can redo your SMBIOS.

Also Clover 5106 might work but it's best to stick to 5119 until the Frankenloader stuff resolved.
Do you think I should try to update to clover 5119? I try to boot with 5119 yesterday but didn't work.

I removed the Devices/Properties and InjectIntel with ig-platform-id to 0x12345678 to make it boot so I think the error comes from these props.

Edit: try with clover 5119, hang at the screen below:

20201017_161734.jpg

Is that fine if I have only these files in the BIOS folder:

• GrubNTFS.efi
  • GrubEXFAT.efi
  • GrubISO9660.efi
  • GrubUDF.efi
  • XhciDxe.efi
another question: I plan to buy a new rx5700xt if I can't fix this intelIGPU, is GIGABYTE Radeon™ RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G work for this version of Catalina ? Cause I use this computer to work, so I really want it up and running as normal

@Archangeliques I already post a new thread here.

Last edited:
Catalina up and working now, I have just unplugged the DVI cable (second monitor), so the system up and running as normal, hd4600 show enough memory, has video acceleration now.

Thank to @Archangeliques, your config work.

For person stuck like me, please unplugged DVI cable, keep only HDMI, AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0300220D

Question: Can I have DVI port on this mainboard work for second monitor? in Mojave, it work like a charm.
I'm reading this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/ but this little bit new to me.

I'm really appreciate if any suggestion.

Sorry I missed this, the driver I have:
  • AptioMemoryFix.efi
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • AppleImageCodec.efi
  • AppleKeyAggregator.efi
  • AppleUITheme.efi
  • AudioDxe.efi
  • DataHubDxe.efi
  • FirmwareVolume.efi
  • FSInject.efi
  • HFSPlus.efi
  • VirtualSmc.efi
Is that fine if I have only these files in the BIOS folder:
  • GrubNTFS.efi
  • GrubEXFAT.efi
  • GrubISO9660.efi
  • GrubUDF.efi
  • XhciDxe.efi
another question: I plan to buy a new rx5700xt if I can't fix this intelIGPU, is GIGABYTE Radeon™ RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G work for this version of Catalina ? Cause I use this computer to work, so I really want it up and running as normal

@Archangeliques I already post a new thread here.
Remove all drivers except the ones I listed. You don't need them.

Remove all files under BIOS folder as you are using UEFI.

RX5000 cards work well with Catalina and Big Sur but you need to add a boot flag before plugging in that card.
Catalina up and working now, I have just unplugged the DVI cable (second monitor), so the system up and running as normal, hd4600 show enough memory, has video acceleration now.

Thank to @Archangeliques, your config work.

For person stuck like me, please unplugged DVI cable, keep only HDMI, AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0300220D

Question: Can I have DVI port on this mainboard work for second monitor? in Mojave, it work like a charm.
I'm reading this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/ but this little bit new to me.

I'm really appreciate if any suggestion.
Glad that it works now. For DVI port you may need to make port modifications. And you already know where you should seek help. Explain what you want and what errors you get when you use DVI on that thread and you'll get the help you seek.

Cheers!

RX5000 cards work well with Catalina and Big Sur but you need to add a boot flag before plugging in that card.
Yup, after read around I think I should buy one.
Glad that it works now. For DVI port you may need to make port modifications. And you already know where you should seek help. Explain what you want and what errors you get when you use DVI on that thread and you'll get the help you seek.

Cheers!
I'm still reading that thread, anw thank so much mate.

bought new Asus ROG Strix Rx5700xt, apdbmod=pikera, plug and play, awesome!
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 6.37.01 PM.png

Last edited:
aww I forgot that, anw updated, thank mate!

What I would do with your config to improve performance and stability.
  • Change SMBIOS to iMac15,1 which is newer than you already used. This one is done.
  • Recreate serials, boardid etc for the new SMBIOS, iMac15,1.
  • Change AAPL,ig-platform-id from 0300220D to 04001204 because you have dGPU now and this will make it run like a real Mac by using both iGPU and dGPU together. This is also required for DRM to work.
  • DRM fix for watching Netflix, Amazon Prime, iTunes, Tv+ etc. Adding shikigva=80 argument to boot-args in config.plist.
You have 24GB ram. I assume you had 2x4GB then bought 2x8GB and using them together. For all ram sticks, are those the same brand and model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back