GA-170X-UD5-TH - BIOS F22g
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Starting in February 2020, Apple will "clamp down" on non Apple approved kexts. So, update Lilu, WhatEverGreen and AppleALC, placing them in your /EFI/.../Clover/kexts/other/. Remove these kexts from the /Library/Extensions/ folder. If you haven't already, move any other hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions/ folder to the .../Clover/kexts/other/ folder.

I have a question....I think I know the answer but I just want to be sure...... in addition to Lilu, WEG, and AppleALC, I have IntelMausi, USBInjectAll, and RealtekALC kexts in my /Library/Extensions/folder.......should I delete these also from this folder. Please note that I have all of these kexts in my EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/folder.

Also, I currently have Clover 5070 installed and I tried to update to Clover 5102 before posting this 15-3 update, but it tells me that this version of clover is not compatible with my system, asking if I would like to install clover 5102 anyway. I canceled the install until I can get an answer to this question, because I am unsure what it would do to my current installation before updating to 15-3.

Any assistance with these two important topics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a question....I think I know the answer but I just want to be sure...... in addition to Lilu, WEG, and AppleALC, I have IntelMausi, USBInjectAll, and RealtekALC kexts in my /Library/Extensions/folder.......should I delete these also from this folder. Please note that I have all of these kexts in my EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/folder.
@Nald0z's instructions below is the way to do it.
When adding Kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other, I just mount my EFI partition, and copy them into the "Other" folder manually.

For this upgrade, I deleted all Hacintosh related kexts from /Library/Extension, and rebuilt cache as instructed in Stork's post.

Also, I currently have Clover 5070 installed and I tried to update to Clover 5102 before posting this 15-3 update, but it tells me that this version of clover is not compatible with my system, asking if I would like to install clover 5102 anyway. I canceled the install until I can get an answer to this question, because I am unsure what it would do to my current installation before updating to 15-3.
I beta tested and am using the tonymacx86 Clover build r5102 located in the Downloads > Clover Builds. I'm using the r5102 with NVRAM Emulation version on both Mojave (production) and Catalina test installation. Thus, I recommend the tonymacx86 r5102 Clover build.

Motherboard
Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

I was asking myself the same and just tried. It seems logical to do so anyway. So now all of my previously "installed by multibeast" kext moved, including the FakeSMCPlugins, to /EFI/clover/kexts/other. It works as expected.

Any assistance with these two important topics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Strange, I cannot confirm this, but I am on other hardware. Are you sure you targeted the correct EFI partition? And maybe updating clover might be preferred from an administrator´s account (a SUDOer). Not that I think that it is related, but worth a try.

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Yes, move ALL of your custom kexts to the Kexts/Other folder.

The comparable issue is because the System Volume is not writable. You can either just click to install anyway or run the following terminal commands first.....

sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder

Motherboard
GA-170X-UD5-TH - BIOS F22g
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
@Nald0z's instructions below is the way to do it.

I beta tested and am using the tonymacx86 Clover build r5102 located in the Downloads > Clover Builds. I'm using the r5102 with NVRAM Emulation version on both Mojave (production) and Catalina test installation. Thus, I recommend the tonymacx86 r5102 Clover build.

Thanks Stork for your answer. For my first question, I thought that was what I have to do, but I was just making sure.
However, for my second question, I did try the tonymacx86 version of clover 5102 and it gave me that message that it is not compatible. Sorry I didn't say that in my original post. Not sure what to do.

Will the 15-3 update work on clover 5070, which is what I currently have installed?

Motherboard
Asus Z390-A Prime
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
thanks guys for the help on my first question. Still not sure what to do about clover
Don't know if this will help, but since I have been using macOS, when updating to the latest version I have a connected a new hard disc and installed it on there, then I have always got a working system to fall back on, Carbon Copy is also another way to go. Both methods give you flexibility to try a few configurations without any worries of losing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.