Contribute
Register

Catalina 10.15.2 Update Lost HEVC/h265 Acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm seeing slow HEVC encoding issues but only with Final Cut X, Compressor, and Quicktime.

Premiere Pro, Adobe Media Encoder, and VideoPro are normal. A 10 second clip in Final Cut takes about 1 minute to render. Premiere is 11 seconds.

Hackintool shows VDA Decoder is fully supported.

So how do I get Final Cut to work? I'm using Mac 1,1 iGPU disabled.

It seems that many people have different methods for this fix and there isn't much "science" behind them.

suggests a horde of different things to change for example...

It seems that many people have different methods for this fix and there isn't much "science" behind them.

suggests a horde of different things to change for example...

The attached HEVCEnabler.kext works for me with an ASUS Rog Strix RX 570. I'm currently
on macOS 10.15.5 beta 2 (build 19F62f). I've tested it with Clover v5107 and OC 0.5.7.

Note that this is for the Ellesmere framebuffer. There's another version for the RX 560 using
the Baffin framebuffer.

Attachments

• HEVCEnabler.kext.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 206
The attached HEVCEnabler.kext works for me with an ASUS Rog Strix RX 570. I'm currently
on macOS 10.15.5 beta 2 (build 19F62f). I've tested it with Clover v5107 and OC 0.5.7.

Note that this is for the Ellesmere framebuffer. There's another version for the RX 560 using
the Baffin framebuffer.

Just that? Or with the many other tweaks people suggest like those 3 patches in video and renaming of devices?

just that. I rely on WhateverGreen and Lilu to do all the renaming.
The only device property i define is shikigva for AppleTV. For some
reason, shikigva=144 works for me on the HP 8300 with SMBIOS
or iMacPro1,1 or MacMini6,1, although this is not a recommended
combo. I check in both AppleTV and playing a movie as Quicktime.
VideoProc also reports 4K bandwidth on both HEVC and H264.

I dont use FCPX so I cant help you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back