Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Catalina 10.15.2 installation woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
You can mark this one up as Solved and open another thread if or when you have connection problems. Remember when you're happy with your install, do a backup incase things go sideways - Enjoy :thumbup:
I tried several diferent EFI Folders. I'm trying with your EFI Folder but it does not work.
My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. I cannot even get through the installation process. It always shutdowns after the loading the second installation round with a log out out put. Do you know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance!

Hello!

I tried several diferent EFI Folders. I'm trying with your EFI Folder but it does not work.
My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. I cannot even get through the installation process. It always shutdowns after the loading the second installation round with a log out out put. Do you know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance!

Try this EFI Folder on a test USB Drive, it is the new boot loader Opencore. If it works you'll have to inject your own S/N, ROM, SmUUID etc.etc.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    66.3 MB · Views: 158
Try this EFI Folder on a test USB Drive, it is the new boot loader Opencore. If it works you'll have to inject your own S/N, ROM, SmUUID etc.etc.
Many thanks! I All try your EFI! Hope it works. Cheers.

Hi! It is not working for me, same results: The pre-installation round works "fine. But it shuts down in the second round, once the installer is finally loaded/booted. The pre-installation round works "fine.
Tried resetting NVRAM, and clearing CMOS... an so many many things. Tried the installer in my older setup, and it works just fine.
I think te problem might be de NVMe, it's a Intel SSD 6. Or some other component. Tried with different RAM but same results.
I will thank you a lot if you have some ideas...
Thanks!

Hi! It is not working for me, same results: The pre-installation round works "fine. But it shuts down in the second round, once the installer is finally loaded/booted. The pre-installation round works "fine.
Tried resetting NVRAM, and clearing CMOS... an so many many things. Tried the installer in my older setup, and it works just fine.
I think te problem might be de NVMe, it's a Intel SSD 6. Or some other component. Tried with different RAM but same results.
I will thank you a lot if you have some ideas...
Thanks!

If the EFI Folder works on another setup and not your current one then it can only mean two things, the problem could be BIOS settings related or hardware failure. Apart from those two I can't think of anything more.

If the EFI Folder works on another setup and not your current one then it can only mean two things, the problem could be BIOS settings related or hardware failure. Apart from those two I can't think of anything more.
Yeah! Im agreed with that. I'm trying to allocate the problem.
Thank!

Bu the way I didn't mention the your EFI O C boots a lot faster than my CLOVER! :clap::clap:

Hey Mate! How are you? I get something new about: If I install on el SSD SATA WD within this Setup, It just happens the same as on the NVMe (CLOVER O O C). If I use the SSD SATA from my older setup (where the OS is installed) it works just fine. I cloned this SSD to the NVMe and to the new SSD SATA, and it turn off after booting. Weird isn'it?
Please, let me know what do you think... Guess I will have to install Catalina in the new NVME throught my old setup.
:crazy:

Hey Mate! How are you? I get something new about: If I install on el SSD SATA WD within this Setup, It just happens the same as on the NVMe (CLOVER O O C). If I use the SSD SATA from my older setup (where the OS is installed) it works just fine. I cloned this SSD to the NVMe and to the new SSD SATA, and it turn off after booting. Weird isn'it?
Please, let me know what do you think... Guess I will have to install Catalina in the new NVME throught my old setup.
:crazy:

Are you sure your BIOS settings on the new machine are correct? As far as I understand your post, the install is ok on your old machine but you have a problem with the installation on your new rig. Please list the specs of the new rig you're trying to install to.

Are you sure your BIOS settings on the new machine are correct? As far as I understand your post, the install is ok on your old machine but you have a problem with the installation on your new rig. Please list the specs of the new rig you're trying to install to.
Hey, thanks for you answer, this is my new setup:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus ULTRA
CPU: Intel Core i7 9700F
RAM: Crucial Ballistic 2x16GB DDr43200 MHZ
SSD: 1TB Intel SSD 6 M.2 NMVe
GPU: Asus Strog Rix AMD RADEON RX 5700 XT 8GB DDR6.
PSU: EVGA 700W Bronze 80plus

Just tried many Bios setups and many Bios Version. I'm already installed the NVMe in my old setup, then the installation went smooth... Now everything works fine in the new setup. I cannot not figure it out! :beachball:
All ideas are welcome, I'm still testing!
Thanks mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back