Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Catalina 10.15.2 installation woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes It's best to clear the CMOS to remove previous Memory settings and the best way to do this is to unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for a minute or two, then replace power cord and battery, then boot up into the BIOS and Optimise all settings and save, (now this next part maybe unnecessary but I like to do it this way just to be sure). Reboot back into the BIOS and make all the necessary changes to run Mac OS, save the settings and reboot, you should be able to reach the Desktop.

The EFI Folder I posted a few posts up is optimised for a gigabyte z390 board and should work on the off if BIOS settings are correct, of course you'll have to do a little tweaking to cater for your particular system e.g DSDT, Port Mapping, if you're using IGPU or a dedicated GPU etc, etc nothing too major but it will work regardless.

esafeddie's EFI is working; installing Catalina worked great and I have not done any additional tweaking. The Radeon Pro is working natively, and my TP-Link Archer T9E PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter works too. I use a USB headset for audio so I'm back in business! Thanks!

esafeddie's EFI is working; installing Catalina worked great and I have not done any additional tweaking. The Radeon Pro is working natively, and my TP-Link Archer T9E PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter works too. I use a USB headset for audio so I'm back in business! Thanks!
Happy to hear you're up and running :headbang:- Do some tests and make sure sleep, wake, shutdown, iMsg/F-Time all working as should, any problems help is only a few posts away :thumbup:

Hi again; I’m using FV-T919 but Bluetooth only works inside of a super short range (less than 1 meter) — WiFi is working great though — could this be due to interference from the onboard Wifi-Bluetooth module? It’s not clear which port mapping you provided here and I’m cautious to generate my own because everything else seems to be working fine. I disabled “Wifi” in the bios but it’s not clear if this also nukes the onboard Bluetooth. Can I verify this in Windows somehow?

Separately I’m wondering why WhateverGreen is necessary given that the video card seems to be natively supported.

Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
You can have a go and try to Map your ports as there might be a slight difference between our boards but as far as I understand the usb layout should be identical. I did have a FV-T919 installed worked great up until High Sierra but started to give no end of trouble, constantly hunting for connection so I got a genuine Apple WiFi/Bluetooth combo card with an adapter and that was the end of my connection woes. Yes you can verify connection in Windows, I too am dual booting and have no problems on the Windows side. No harm in experimenting until you're happy but always do a backup incase of mishaps.

Thanks! Definitely helpful; I'll try this route and report back. Should I open another thread? This is no longer an installation problem

Thanks! Definitely helpful; I'll try this route and report back. Should I open another thread? This is no longer an installation problem

You can mark this one up as Solved and open another thread if or when you have connection problems. Remember when you're happy with your install, do a backup incase things go sideways - Enjoy :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back