Contribute
Register

Case recommendations (ATX mid/high tower case)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CustoMac
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
GTX 670 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Check out Lian Li.
lian-li-a05-b.jpeg

lianlib10.jpg

Lian_Li_PC8N_01_dh_fx57.jpg

I really like the Corsair Carbide 500R White and the Corsair 600T White

Corsair 600T white from me too. Pure elegance. That is what I'll be getting for my next build.

I just got the Corsair Vengeance C70 for my next build. It's a more industrial style if your into that.

I have the 300R that my Sabertooth X58 and 6870 is in set up with a H60 cooler and I love the case, it's nice and small for what it is and I equipped it with a front triple hot swap enclosure for all my drives.

I also have that Silverstone Grandia GD07 that Going Bald linked with my GA-X58A-UD3R and GT 610 in with a poop load of drives installed in it. That case is a tad big on the shelf but I am using it as a HTPC/Home Server set up and it works great, even popped a single bay how swap drive in it and a LG Bluray drive :)

All in all I thing they are both great cases so far.

Somewhat related, are there compatibility issues with connectivity features provided on cases?

For example I see the Cooler Master Silencio 550 has a SD Card slot on the front, would that work under OS X?

EDIT: Thanks! Those are some good suggestions, pretty close to what I was looking for. I finally took the plunge and ordered a Corsair 650D. I like that there is window but it's no perforated so that should limit the noise a little bit. I read people had problem with a noisy front fan, however I saw that good fans are really cheap and the 650D was ~150 € which is substantially cheaper than other places I had planned to order, it's a revision 1 too (CC650D-1).

Really weird Amazon... I'm eyeing a Gigabyte 670 OC that is also 50 € cheaper there! I even saw a 900 € Apple Cinema Display (instead of 999) which was sold by them and not from a third party. I am still hesitant about that one though. The 900 € ACD is gone but I saw a 926 € ACD... but it's from a third party.

Anyone have experience getting replacements from Amazon? I can't decide if I want to risk buying an ACD from them. I'm thinking they may be less fussy about replacing a ACD with a minor fault (dead pixel or yellowish colours) within 30 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back