Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P9X79WS
CPU
i7-4930K
Graphics
Vega 64
Hello, please,
would someone more experienced then me :)
help me decide, if I should buy i9 9940X for my X299 (which as I found here is compatible with Mojave hackintosh)
or If I should wait a month or two for this new 10th cascade lake generation 10940X?

I am not asking because of price difference (the price is very similar because there is a sale clearance for 9940X).
I am asking because there is no original Mac with these new generation CPUs (of course)
and I don't know how this affect a hackintosh build. If the CPU management will work or not.

Thank you in advance guys!

I was wondering about this, too. It seems the big price cuts evaporated a couple weeks ago, when you could get an 18-core X series for ~1100 USD. I'm going to wait for the 10th gen. HEDT chips... If I'm going to the trouble of buying the right X299 board, then I'm going all-in. Maybe when the next 20,1 iMacs or 7,1 Mac Pro's are released, we'll see the chipsets and MultiBeast will get an update for X299 and up...

I've bought already ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II last week and there is a BIOS update for these new 10th gen. CPUs. So they will work on some older mainboards too. But 10th gen. CPUs have got more CPU lanes (48 instead of 44) so if you really care about this, then you maybe need to wait for a new mainboard. But I am not sure about this, just I read it somewhere...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back