1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I acquired a nice eMac that was being thrown out a few months back. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify which model it is. Here are the specs:

512 MB RAM
1 GHz PPC G4
Model ID: PowerMac4,4
GPU Chipset: ATY,RV200 (ID: 0x5157)
160 GB HDD
SuperDrive
System serial: [redacted]

In installed Leopard 10.5.8, and that seems to be as far as it can go (sadly).

Since this seems to be non-standard (but shipped) hardware, I can't seem to determine what model it actually is (and more importantly, whether it's a USB 2.0 model)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Turaiel said:
I acquired a nice eMac that was being thrown out a few months back. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify which model it is. Here are the specs:

512 MB RAM
1 GHz PPC G4
Model ID: PowerMac4,4
GPU Chipset: ATY,RV200 (ID: 0x5157)
160 GB HDD
SuperDrive
System serial: G03433JEPP2

In installed Leopard 10.5.8, and that seems to be as far as it can go (sadly).

Since this seems to be non-standard (but shipped) hardware, I can't seem to determine what model it actually is (and more importantly, whether it's a USB 2.0 model)

Thanks in advance!
Goto Apple support and then to technical specifications. Enter the serial number in the search tech line below the graphics and it should show you the specs for the model. :thumbup: (and no, the page shows 1.1 USB)

I did not know that existed. Well thanks! Now I can go be sad over the ancient USB (and now know why it takes so long to restore an image to a flash drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back