Motherboard
MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I hi, thanks yous guys. I bought a PCIe gen 3.0 X4, X8 and X16 card. I tested this card and it works nativelly on Catanlina and Big Sur. But when I connect a disk the sleep stop working. Now, I would to configue this card in my usb ports maps. Can I do this? Is there a solution to do this? Thanks for yours advises.

Capture d’écran 2022-10-05 à 20.45.16.pngCapture d’écran 2022-10-05 à 21.15.29.pngCapture d’écran 2022-10-05 à 21.18.38.png
Capture d’écran 2022-10-05 à 20.45.16.png
Capture d’écran 2022-10-05 à 20.05.59.png

Last edited:
Your current USBPorts.kext will not allow the ASMedia ports to show. To get the ASMedia port(s) to show you need to do the following:
  1. Boot without your current USBPorts.kext being active, change config.plist Enabled entry for the kext from True to False.
    • Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 22.46.52.png kext enabled
    • Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 22.47.02.png kext disabled
  2. Reset Nvram from the OpenCore boot screen, to clear the USB settings from your system.
  3. Boot in to macOS.
  4. Open Hackintool, Navigate to USB tab and clear all ports (sweeping broom icon).
  5. Then use the Refresh icon (circular arrows) to regenerate the ports.
  6. Don't worry if the XHC ports are not shown correctly, as we already know which ports you need on the controller.
  7. What you need to do is test the Type-c port on your add in card.
    1. The port has to be tested with a Type-C device, and
    2. A USB2 device, so all the ports are defined and active.
  8. You will need to test the Type-c port twice with the Type-C device.
    1. This will tell you whether the Port(s) need to be set with Type-C+SW (9) or Type-C (10)
  9. The difference between the two Type-C definitions as as follows:
    1. When you plug in a type-c device, a single port is highlighted.
    2. Remove the type-c device and flip the type-c connector 180°, reinsert the connector.
    3. If the same port is highlighted you have a Type-C with Switch port (9).
    4. If a different port is highlighted you have a Type-C port (10).
    5. Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 22.57.41.png
  10. Once you have identified the port(s) and set them with the correct Connector Type, you can export a new USBPorts.kext, just for the ASMedia Type-C ports.
You will then need to add the ASMedia ports in the new USBPorts.kext to your existing USBPorts.kext.
This is done by opening editing the USBPorts.kext/Contents/Info.plist for both kexts.
Right-clicking on a kext will bring up a sub-menu, from this sub-menu select 'Show Package Contents'
Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 23.04.17.png Right-Click sub-menu - Show Package Contents highlighted.

This will display a finder window with a Contents folder and within the folder will be the info.plist, open this with ProperTree or another Plist Editor (not OpenCore Configurator).

Amalgamate the ports from the new USBPorts.kext with the contents of the current USBPorts.kext, this should when booted display all the ports with the correct connector type, once the kext has been re-enabled.

Once this has been done, you can re-enable the USBPorts.kext, changing the Enabled setting in the config from False to True, opposite of task 1 above.

If you have trouble undertaking the info.plist editing stage, post a copy of both kexts and I am sure we can help.

Your current USBPorts.kext will not allow the ASMedia ports to show. To get the ASMedia port(s) to show you need to do the following:
  1. Boot without your current USBPorts.kext being active, change config.plist Enabled entry for the kext from True to False.
  2. Reset Nvram from the OpenCore boot screen, to clear the USB settings from your system.
  3. Boot in to macOS.
  4. Open Hackintool, Navigate to USB tab and clear all ports (sweeping broom icon).
  5. Then use the Refresh icon (circular arrows) to regenerate the ports.
  6. Don't worry if the XHC ports are not shown correctly, as we already know which ports you need on the controller.
  7. What you need to do is test the Type-c port on your add in card.
    1. The port has to be tested with a Type-C device, and
    2. A USB2 device, so all the ports are defined and active.
  8. You will need to test the Type-c port twice with the Type-C device.
    1. This will tell you whether the Port(s) need to be set with Type-C+SW (9) or Type-C (10)
  9. The difference between the two Type-C definitions as as follows:
    1. When you plug in a type-c device, a single port is highlighted.
    2. Remove the type-c device and flip the type-c connector 180°, reinsert the connector.
    3. If the same port is highlighted you have a Type-C with Switch port (9).
    4. If a different port is highlighted you have a Type-C port (10).
    5. View attachment 555757
  10. Once you have identified the port(s) and set them with the correct Connector Type, you can export a new USBPorts.kext, just for the ASMedia Type-C ports.
You will then need to add the ASMedia ports in the new USBPorts.kext to your existing USBPorts.kext.
This is done by opening editing the USBPorts.kext/Contents/Info.plist for both kexts.
Right-clicking on a kext will bring up a sub-menu, from this sub-menu select 'Show Package Contents'
View attachment 555758 Right-Click sub-menu - Show Package Contents highlighted.

This will display a finder window with a Contents folder and within the folder will be the info.plist, open this with ProperTree or another Plist Editor (not OpenCore Configurator).

Amalgamate the ports from the new USBPorts.kext with the contents of the current USBPorts.kext, this should when booted display all the ports with the correct connector type, once the kext has been re-enabled.

Once this has been done, you can re-enable the USBPorts.kext, changing the Enabled setting in the config from False to True, opposite of task 1 above.

If you have trouble undertaking the info.plist editing stage, post a copy of both kexts and I am sure we can help.
Thanks Edhawk, I will do that step by step thesse.

Are you still able to boot Catalina?

If yes, then enable XhciPortLimit quirk in your config.plist, so all the ports show in Hackintool.

You may need to add USBInjectAll.kext to your setup. As currently only the first 15 ports are showing.

If yes, then enable XhciPortLimit quirk in your config.plist, so all the ports show in Hackintool.

You may need to add USBInjectAll.kext to your setup. As currently only the first 15 ports are showing.
I will make the change and let you know

Hi Edhawk. I don't know what is wrong. I enabled XhciportLimit quirk all ports shown. I pluging usb c and usb 2.0 but they still not shown in Hacinktool

Capture d’écran 2022-10-06 à 22.01.02.png

add USBInjectAll.kext, all ports shown. Pluging usb c and usb 2.0 but they still not shown in Hackintool.
Capture d’écran 2022-10-06 à 22.05.26.png

I removed USBport.kext. all ports shown and pluging usb c and usb 2.0, they still not shown in Hackintoll.
Capture d’écran 2022-10-07 à 16.45.30.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back