CPU
CPU Core i5 7200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620 + GeForce Nvidia 940MX
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys.
So, I notes one thing..
I'm having the old problem with VoodooPS2Controller (again).. the same problem that we all had when OS X Sierra was released.
It's not all the time, the system runs without the problem for a while.. but WHEN I take off my charger, do not take more than 5 minutes to the bug shows up. When it does, the caps lock light also freezes, sometimes on, sometimes off.

Ps: I'm not having this problem if my adapter is connected.
Ps2: Yep, I'm using the last version of VoodooPS2Controller.

Attachments

• Second output.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 80
  • First output.zip
    46.5 KB · Views: 85
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 152
  • MacBook Air de Andeilson.zip
    499.1 KB · Views: 77
  • RehabMan.zip
    56.5 KB · Views: 87
Hi guys.
So, I notes one thing..
I'm having the old problem with VoodooPS2Controller (again).. the same problem that we all had when OS X Sierra was released.
It's not all the time, the system runs without the problem for a while.. but WHEN I take off my charger, do not take more than 5 minutes to the bug shows up. When it does, the caps lock light also freezes, sometimes on, sometimes off.

Ps: I'm not having this problem if my adapter is connected.
Ps2: Yep, I'm using the last version of VoodooPS2Controller.

Your ioreg shows SMBIOS truncation. You need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true.
I haven't updated to 10.12.6 on any laptop yet, but it is possible that the PS2 caps lock bug has been fixed, or changed... which will then require changes or elimination of the capslock workaround I did for earlier 10.12.

Your ioreg shows SMBIOS truncation. You need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true.
I haven't updated to 10.12.6 on any laptop yet, but it is possible that the PS2 caps lock bug has been fixed, or changed... which will then require changes or elimination of the capslock workaround I did for earlier 10.12.

thanks rehab!
so, i checked DellSMBIOSPatch..
the problem still exists.
gonna wait you update voodoops2controller, or figure it out a workaround.
anyway, thanks!

gonna wait you update voodoops2controller, or figure it out a workaround.
anyway, thanks!

You should provide details.
So far, you are the only one reporting a problem with capslock.

You should provide details.
So far, you are the only one reporting a problem with capslock.

do you need any other file?
there is any patch that I have to add into my DSDT or something?

do you need any other file?
there is any patch that I have to add into my DSDT or something?

You should provide details on the problem and typical "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.

You should provide details on the problem and typical "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.

Just saw your lastest version of PS2Controller in your repo.
I don't why, and i'm maybe be talking ****, but when I removed ACPIBattery kext, the problem did not shows anymore, then I put it back, and the error shows up again.
Anyway, I put your lastest version, and the problem is solved (using ACPIBattery as well).
I think that was something about "Fix issue ALPS glidepoint bufferring issue", because when the problem appears, the mouse was also lagging.. I don't know..
Gonna make few more tests to be sure.
Thanks any, @RehabMan.

:D

Just saw your lastest version of PS2Controller in your repo.
I don't why, and i'm maybe be talking ****, but when I removed ACPIBattery kext, the problem did not shows anymore, then I put it back, and the error shows up again.
Anyway, I put your lastest version, and the problem is solved (using ACPIBattery as well).
I think that was something about "Fix issue ALPS glidepoint bufferring issue", because when the problem appears, the mouse was also lagging.. I don't know..
Gonna make few more tests to be sure.
Thanks any, @RehabMan.

:D

No idea without clear details on the problem and "Problem Reporting" files.

No idea without clear details on the problem and "Problem Reporting" files.

I thought the problem was solved, but is wasn't.
So, the problem..

I realized that the problem appears when I try to scroll the page up/down using two fingers (trackpad). After I do that, everytime I press Caps Lock, the light are frozen, sometimes on, sometimes off. Also, when I press the Caps Lock key, and try to move the mouse pointer, it kinda freezes.
Edit 1: Notes that If I put my system to sleep, and then turn on again, the problem is 'solved', until a scroll again.

Video showing the problem:

My files are attached.

Attachments

• Andeilson’s MacBook.zip
    495.7 KB · Views: 87
  • first output.zip
    61.1 KB · Views: 138
  • second output.zip
    56.1 KB · Views: 134
  • RehabMan.zip
    56.4 KB · Views: 83
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I thought the problem was solved, but is wasn't.
So, the problem..

I realized that the problem appears when I try to scroll the page up/down using two fingers (trackpad). After I do that, everytime I press Caps Lock, the light are frozen, sometimes on, sometimes off. Also, when I press the Caps Lock key, and try to move the mouse pointer, it kinda freezes.
Edit 1: Notes that If I put my system to sleep, and then turn on again, the problem is 'solved', until a scroll again.

Video showing the problem:

My files are attached.

Files in ACPI/origin are too old to compare against ACPI/patched.
You forgot to press F4.
Read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back