UHD 620
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi - I have not been able to boot after installing Clover r4063 (what comes with the latest Multibeast (9.1) on my Core i5 machine. I am able to install r4063, but when I reboot, the computer stopped booting about half way on the progress bar on the Apple logo boot screen.

The only way around this I have found is to replace my entire EFI folder on my EFI partition with the one from the most current Unibeast - which regresses my clover install to r4045. From there I can reboot, and I can load all my necessary drivers from Multibeast. However if I try to upgrade to r4063, the computer hangs again. Attached is a screenshot of where it stops. I hope this helps fix the issue.

Attachments

• Verbose boot.jpg
    Verbose boot.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 191
Hi - I have not been able to boot after installing Clover r4063 (what comes with the latest Multibeast (9.1) on my Core i5 machine. I am able to install r4063, but when I reboot, the computer stopped booting about half way on the progress bar on the Apple logo boot screen.

The only way around this I have found is to replace my entire EFI folder on my EFI partition with the one from the most current Unibeast - which regresses my clover install to r4045. From there I can reboot, and I can load all my necessary drivers from Multibeast. However if I try to upgrade to r4063, the computer hangs again. Attached is a screenshot of where it stops. I hope this helps fix the issue.
For me the same problem

The only way around this I have found is to replace my entire EFI folder on my EFI partition with the one from the most current Unibeast - which regresses my clover install to r4045. From there I can reboot, and I can load all my necessary drivers from MultiBeast. However if I try to upgrade to r4063, the computer hangs again. Attached is a screenshot of where it stops. I hope this helps fix the issue.

Until yesterday, I was unable to boot Sierra with any version of Clover beyond 3994. On a hunch, I deleted the SSDT file that was in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (I had downloaded this file for the Haswell chipset from the another site some time ago when I first set up my system). Once I did this, Sierra booted immediately with the latest version of Clover. My system is running great (better, in fact), and processor stepping is working perfectly as verified by Intel's Power Gadget utility.

The hang for my system was occurring for me just a few lines earlier in the verbose boot listing than what you've posted (mine was at the ACPI listing), so not 100% sure if this will help, but it's an easy test that might be worth investigating if you are using an SSDT. (Be sure to have a backup of your EFI folder ready to go just in case.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here - I was on 3998 and downloaded/installed 4061 before updating 10.12.3 to 10.12.5.

Symptoms:
  • Partial or full stalled progress bar under logo
  • Lots of those wacky "Clover start boot.efi at [HD]" and "MAC OS X" entries in my BIOS
  • Couldn't boot with normal SSD startup at all, but realized it was trying to boot from that Clover, not the older version on my Yosemite Install USB
Fixes:
Good news is the 10.12.5 update was just fine. (Problems began with the reboot after installation.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back