Contribute
Register

Can't update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Combo Update asked you to restart and you did, the system should restart and then present you with a screen to choose. You should choose the option with "macOS Install" on it. Only then the installation process would continue. That was how I installed the Combo Update myself.

Did you do that?

there was no extra entry at the Clover menu just the normal install prebooter from Preboot, Boot FileVault Prebooter, Boot from macOS install from HD-Data, Recovery and Boot MacOS from HD

there was no extra entry at the Clover menu just the normal install prebooter from Preboot, Boot FileVault Prebooter, Boot from macOS install from HD-Data, Recovery and Boot MacOS from HD

Well I can't see it from here to confirm but the new install option certainly seems to be there - "Boot from macOS install from HD-Data".

Then choose the option "Boot from macOS Install from HD-Data" to allow the installation to continue. That was the option with "macOS Install" which I mentioned before.

Then choose the option "Boot from macOS Install from HD-Data" to allow the installation to continue. That was the option with "macOS Install" which I mentioned before.
As I mentioned I did that and nada

Well I can't see it from here to confirm but the new install option certainly seems to be there - "Boot from macOS install from HD-Data".
Tried that no go

clover chooses preboot tried that, tried Data install, tried direct to the HD no go on all. I don't get it, it installed on another (of same computer) no problem after a few tries via the update route, this one it won't, it's strange.
Both were clean installs following Cat install guide, the Multibeast on TM site. same everything

After you run the update and reboot, at the Clover menu there should be an extra entry as @Jamesbond007 says. Check what icons you see in the Clover menu.
ok finally was able to update to 10.15.5(after first installing combo10.15.4). will not update to 10.15.6 or 10.15.7 via combo update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back