Contribute
Register

Can't update to the new iWork

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole process of creating a VM with Mavericks seemed a bit over kill but I tried. I wasted two hours trying to get one to work and it never did.

As others have said, I made a Clover boot USB drive (which took a while to get to work on my system) but it worked instantly. Booted, opened App Store and downloaded the updates.

I really wonder what it is about Chameleon that did not allow the apps to update. I do know that real Mac users are having some issues as well.

Similar experience here. VMware in windows doesn't want to install system tools, so that's kinda out as an option.

I was able to sign in fine with Clover. You just have to make sure during installation of Clover to your USB thumb that you customize and tell it to install the boot loader which it doesn't do by default for some weird reason.

As you were wondering, I wonder what it is in Chameleon that's breaking this? Maybe if someone figures it out, Chameleon could be updated?

VM was a pain to get working. I couldn't install the necessary tools/extensions to activate/load iMovie. iPhoto updated fine I but messed up VM when I tried installing the fix for graphics resolution issue with iMovie. So couldn't install iWork after that.

Anyway I trashed VM and used one of the Clover boot tutorials. I didn't installed Clover permanently, just booted and updated my iLive apps and iWork apps.

Dear Tobitronics,

Do you know if the displayport will work on your board? I am thinking about getting an exact same motherboad you have for a Hackintosh build.
Did you have to use any Kexts to install the Mavericks OS?

THanks

Misscomp.

This is the Jackpot! :headbang: All Works fine. Thanks! :thumbup:

I found a way to update iMovie :)

Step 1: follow the advice given in the post #10 to create a Mavericks VM in VMWare.
Step 2: install VMtools, turn the VM off and then change the display setting: set 3D accelerator ON.
Step 3: follow the same advice as in post #10 to install the trial or your legitimate DVD/app of iWork and iLife on your VM - do not run any program!
Step 4: install this driver on your VM: vmsvga2
Step 5: change the resolution to scaled and pick a high one (I used the 2360 - wiggle the window to have vmtools auto adjust the resolution on the host)
Step 6: click update on the iMovie icon in App Store, and your download should continue.
Step 7: In your App Store account you should now find iMovie that you can download on other machines.

Worked for me!!!

Used Parallels desktop on Yosemite.

1)Created virtual Yosemite( used my clover USB),
2)instal trial iWork and iLife.
3)Sing in Appstore,
4)hit update all. Ignored the error by iMovie and video card and boom.
It's in my new account again!
Thanks to alll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back