EVGA GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey all,

I have iWork '09 on my machine (from a DVD), and went to the app store to update to the newest versions. The update button shows up, but when I try clicking the button, it throws an "Update Unavailable with This Apple ID" box up.

Anybody have any similar problems?

Yeah I'm having the exact same issue with iWork and iLife both from DVD's. Actual Mac users are having trouble updating their apps under the same circumstance so I'm not sure if it's an Apple issue or a hackintosh one for us.

Yeah I'm having the exact same issue with iWork and iLife both from DVD's. Actual Mac users are having trouble updating their apps under the same circumstance so I'm not sure if it's an Apple issue or a hackintosh one for us.

I haven't seen the Apple ID issue pop up for actual Mac users though. Their issue seems to be that the option to update in the MAS doesn't show up. The MAS shows 3 updates, but when I try to update it throws up the Apple ID problem.

I've got a really bad feeling this is tied to hardware UUID's and we can't update because our UUID is tied to an existing apple ID.

I believe you're right. I was able to update iWork (and Aperture) by installing Mavericks in VMWare. Host was Mavericks, ran into the issue described in this thread. Tried everything suggested on Macrumors & Apple Discussion forums without success. Finally installed Mavericks in a VM, then installed iWork and Aperture. That added the apps to my purchase history, then I was able to update them on my hackintosh.

I believe you're right. I was able to update iWork (and Aperture) by installing Mavericks in VMWare. Host was Mavericks, ran into the issue described in this thread. Tried everything suggested on Macrumors & Apple Discussion forums without success. Finally installed Mavericks in a VM, then installed iWork and Aperture. That added the apps to my purchase history, then I was able to update them on my hackintosh.

Ok, now the question is, how does one install OS X in a virtual machine?

Ok, now the question is, how does one install OS X in a virtual machine?

Solution:

1) Install Mavericks in VMWARE 6
- select the use disk image function, then select the mavericks installer in the applications folder. Vm will handle the rest by creating a disk image for you. Boots normally as well.

2) Sign in with your existing App Store account during installation

3) When you're done, install iWorks and whatever other apps you can't update. NOW here's the important bit. You HAVE to attempt to update your virtual machine apps first. What I did was to just go into app store in the VM, and then click update and then pause the update.

If you had done everything correctly you'll be able to update properly. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back