Contribute
Register

Can't Update to Big Sur Public Beta Through Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Audio was not working either, then I copied my Device properties from my old config and put them in the new .6.0 config file. Then I rebooted and it worked. I think the difference was I used hackintool to generate device properties in the old config and I used Opencore configurator to generate the device properties in the new config. Maybe you can try and use Hackintool to generate your device properties. Not sure if that will help or not.
Thanks, the first screenshot is the device properties that I took from Hackintol in the Clover version of Catalina, I also tried it but it didn't work. This is my first OC I tried to boot into Catalina also no internal audio.

Thanks, the first screenshot is the device properties that I took from Hackintol in the Clover version of Catalina, I also tried it but it didn't work. This is my first OC I tried to boot into Catalina also no internal audio.

Try using an older version of AppleALC.kext

Solved by fixing some problems oc config.plist for coffelake using sanity checker. Add layout-id 3 working on catalina and add alc=3 on nvram boot arg.

Hey guys, I didn't realize my thread got moved hence I was not able to contribute. Anyway, Big Sur overall working well. Just noticed that Screening Mirroring (Airplay) not detecting any of my AppleTVs or LGs (with Airplay capabilities). Anyone else having this problem?

Are you sure? - The general consensus is to install OC released version 0.6.0 and the very latest kext versions especially these two - Lulu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. I don't know how BS is with older OC versions as I tend to update as new versions are released along with kext updates.

Are you sure? - The general consensus is to install OC released version 0.6.0 and the very latest kext versions especially these two - Lulu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. I don't know how BS is with older OC versions as I tend to update as new versions are released along with kext updates.
Yep because I am using an old one. Lily and whatever along with virtual SMC are the important ones. The worst the old ALC file would do is break audio but if it is broken already then you got nothing to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back