4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Not having any luck doing a software update method. computer freeze on the screenshot below, then reboots. that is after the verbose. any thoughts?

IMG_9171.jpg

Gigabyte B360M
i7-8700
16GB RAM
RX 580 8GB
1TB SSD
OC 0.6.0 with all updated kexts (works flawless in Mojave and Catalina)

Not having any luck doing a software update method. computer freeze on the screenshot below, then reboots. that is after the verbose. any thoughts?

View attachment 483290

Gigabyte B360M
i7-8700
16GB RAM
RX 580 8GB
1TB SSD
same at me but wit opencore 0.6.1 is start and finish instalation, and run very well

Gigabyte B360M
i7-8700
16GB RAM
RX 580 8GB
1TB SSD

Just let it keep going it stalled out on me a few times looking like that I decided I would walk away for 20 mins and come back. When I did it was at the login screen.

Just let it keep going it stalled out on me a few times looking like that I decided I would walk away for 20 mins and come back. When I did it was at the login screen.
It’s on a bootloop for 30mins now. Problem is that the freeze on the bar eventually goes to the loading thingy when u shutdown, then it reboots and then the whole thing repeats. Still happens after I tried changing to OC 0.6.1

It’s on a bootloop for 30mins now. Problem is that the freeze on the bar eventually goes to the loading thingy when u shutdown, then it reboots and then the whole thing repeats. Still happens after I tried changing to OC 0.6.1
You might be experiencing the same problem I did on a Designare Z390 with i5-9600K and SMBIOS iMac19,1. After creating a USB install disk, the Big Sur installer starts up. We can show the Installer Log from the Window menu and select Show all logs from the pop-up on the right side of the log window. During installation, the installer encounters a problem with a file called payload.005 and exits. This might be the boot loop you're running into.

This problem did not occur on a second Designare Z390 which has i7-9700K. Still not sure about the root cause.

For the i5-9600K system, I eventually installed Big Sur on an external SATA SSD using my MacBook Pro, then mounted the SATA SSD into the Hackintosh, added the EFI folder, and it worked.

If you have another Hackintosh or a supported Mac, you could try the same.

Last edited:

For the i5-9600K system, I eventually installed Big Sur on an external SATA SSD using my MacBook Pro, then mounted the SATA SSD into the Hackintosh, added the EFI folder, and it worked.

If you have another Hackintosh or a supported Mac, you could try the same.

Managed to install on another Hackie then bring in the SSD. Now flying. Thanks!

View attachment 483290

Gigabyte B360M
i7-8700
16GB RAM
RX 580 8GB
1TB SSD
Same in my problem, are you fix it? Can you share your efi?

Finally, I successfully installed Big Sur with OC 0.6.0

Asus Strix B360-I
i5-9400F
XFX GTR RX 480

But I got Internal Audio not working.
Try add layout-id from Catalina but not work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 14.25.14.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 14.25.14.png
    385 KB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 12.13.04.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 12.13.04.png
    459.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Finally, I successfully installed Big Sur with OC 0.6.0

Asus Strix B360-I
i5-9400F
XFX GTR RX 480

But I got Internal Audio not working.
Try add layout-id from Catalina but not work.

My Audio was not working either, then I copied my Device properties from my old config and put them in the new .6.0 config file. Then I rebooted and it worked. I think the difference was I used hackintool to generate device properties in the old config and I used Opencore configurator to generate the device properties in the new config. Maybe you can try and use Hackintool to generate your device properties. Not sure if that will help or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back