Motherboard
GL553
CPU
i5 - 7300HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 630 / GTX1050 - Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello tonymacx86 users. I'm new to the forum and doing my best to create a nice thread so I apologize for my mistakes. I have an ASUS GL553VE Laptop running Windows 10 and Catalina with OpenCore 0.6.8 and no matter what I tried I can't be succeed to update OpenCore and I looked for help on so many forums. You' re my only hope left. I'm placing my EFI folder here. Can someone please update it for me? Thanks for all your help.

My Specs:
* CPU : Intel Core i5-7300JQ
* iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 630
* dGPU : GTX - 1050Ti (mobile)
* RAM : 2x 8GB LPDDR4X 3200MHz
* Audio Codec : CM238HD (onboard)
* Ethernet : Realtek RTL8111
* Wifi/BT : Intel AC7265
* Touchpad : ELAN 1200 I2C Interface
* Storage : 1x WD Green M2 256GB
1x HitachiHDD 1 TB
(Windows and macOS on SSD)
* Bootloader : OpenCore 0.6.8
* macOS Version : Catalina

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.4 MB · Views: 70
Your config.plist put through ocvalidate.

Code:
MacUser2525:~$ /Volumes/Sea_To_Do/Downloads/OpenCore-0.7.6-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate/ocvalidate /Volumes/Sea_To_Do/Downloads/EFI/OC/config.plist
OCS: Missing key ResizeAppleGpuBars, context <Quirks>!
OCS: Missing key ProvideCurrentCpuInfo, context <Quirks>!
OCS: Missing key CustomKernel, context <Scheme>!
OCS: Missing key Flavour, context <Entries>!
OCS: Missing key AllowToggleSip, context <Security>!
OCS: Missing key Flavour, context <Tools>!
OCS: No schema for AdviseWindows at 0 index, context <Generic>!
OCS: Missing key AdviseFeatures, context <Generic>!
OCS: Failed to parse string field as value with type boolean and <Auto> contents, context <CustomDelays>!
OCS: Missing key GraphicsInputMirroring, context <AppleInput>!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 0 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 1 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 2 index!
OCS: Failed to calculate size of false field containing <empty> as type integer, context <GopPassThrough>!
OCS: Missing key ReconnectGraphicsOnConnect, context <Output>!
OCS: Missing key UIScale, context <Output>!
OCS: Missing key AppleEg2Info, context <ProtocolOverrides>!
OCS: Missing key EnableVectorAcceleration, context <Quirks>!
OCS: Missing key EnableVmx, context <Quirks>!
OCS: Missing key ForceOcWriteFlash, context <Quirks>!
OCS: Missing key ForgeUefiSupport, context <Quirks>!
OCS: Missing key ReloadOptionRoms, context <Quirks>!
OCS: Missing key ResizeGpuBars, context <Quirks>!
Serialisation returns 23 errors!

Booter->Quirks->ProvideCustomSlide is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
Booter->Quirks->EnableWriteUnprotector is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
CheckBooter returns 2 errors!

UEFI->Quirks->RequestBootVarRouting is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
CheckUefi returns 1 error!

Got it to no issues with the ocvalidate from 0.7.6

Code:
MacUser2525:~$ /Volumes/Sea_To_Do/Downloads/OpenCore-0.7.6-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate/ocvalidate /Volumes/Sea_To_Do/Downloads/EFI/OC/config.plist

Completed validating /Volumes/Sea_To_Do/Downloads/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. No issues found.

All the differences where you had true and were set to false in the sample.plist I left intact. Give the attached EFI a try I updated it to the OC 0.7.6 with the .kext I had for the most recent versions of the Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC, VirtualSMC and it plugins. Who knows if it will boot best done on a USB stick formatted HFS+ with a GPT partition table, the new EFI in its EFI partition. You may want to track down the most recent version of the other .kext in the EFI. Oh you should remove the MLB, Serial and UUID in the config.plist when uploading in the future.

Edit: And now I remember you may need to do a NVRAM reset when the OC loads I am not sure if that version was the old where it needed to be done when upgrading to the newer. May as well do it to be certain of no problems due to that.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    38 MB · Views: 80

Code:
OCS: Failed to parse string field as value with type boolean and <Auto> contents, context <CustomDelays>!
OCS: Failed to calculate size of false field containing <empty> as type integer, context <GopPassThrough>!

Booter->Quirks->ProvideCustomSlide is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
Booter->Quirks->EnableWriteUnprotector is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!

UEFI->Quirks->RequestBootVarRouting is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!

Code:

Completed validating /Volumes/Sea_To_Do/Downloads/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. No issues found.

All the differences where you had true and were set to false in the sample.plist I left intact. Give the attached EFI a try I updated it to the OC 0.7.6 with the .kext I had for the most recent versions of the Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC, VirtualSMC and it plugins. Who knows if it will boot best done on a USB stick formatted HFS+ with a GPT partition table, the new EFI in its EFI partition. You may want to track down the most recent version of the other .kext in the EFI. Oh you should remove the MLB, Serial and UUID in the config.plist when uploading in the future.

Edit: And now I remember you may need to do a NVRAM reset when the OC loads I am not sure if that version was the old where it needed to be done when upgrading to the newer. May as well do it to be certain of no problems due to that.
I'll give it a try

Code:

Code:

So, when I pick macOS option in OpenCore it gives the error attached then reboots into macOS recovery. I'm reloading from Time Machine backup at the moment

Attachments

• C638942B-5769-49F4-AE7E-83311E8EE545.jpeg
    C638942B-5769-49F4-AE7E-83311E8EE545.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 82
It appears to fail on the USB have you updated to the latest version of all your .kext. I see no mention of the NVRAM reset I mentioned to do. Doing this from a USB key as the source for a boot loader using the boot menu should not require a restore only the removal of the USB stick then let it boot as it always has using the old working configuration.

It appears to fail on the USB have you updated to the latest version of all your .kext. I see no mention of the NVRAM reset I mentioned to do. Doing this from a USB key as the source for a boot loader using the boot menu should not require a restore only the removal of the USB stick then let it boot as it always has using the old working configuration.
I did the NVRam reset, still getting same error. Yeah I didn't used a usb stick to boot actually because my whole partition os formatted as hfs+ on gpt partition but I'll give it a try as soon as time machine reload ends

You did not need to restore only mount the EFI partition on your internal disk and put back the old EFI folder you had. If it got you to the rescue interface then Terminal there would have allowed you to mount that partition and do it. If not a USB stick with a Linux live distribution on it would have allowed you to use its Terminal program to do the same. Though just better off using the USB stick for your boot loader and the testing of new settings. That way if it goes wrong all needing to be done is remove the stick and you go back to booting with the working old configuration contained on the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back