Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't update beyond Clover 5109...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked into that but it seems a bit too complicated to me.
As everything works great now I was hoping there would be a fairly easy thing to do so I could update clover and install Big Sur...
probably not

best to try OpenCore, will be easier in the long run

I've looked into that but it seems a bit too complicated to me.
As everything works great now I was hoping there would be a fairly easy thing to do so I could update clover and install Big Sur...
It is the OpenCore additions to Clover that are causing the problems which means that you should have an understanding of how it works.
Moving forward OpenCore is expected to replace Clover completely as Clover support for the prime kexts will be dropped eventually.

Yeah, I was hoping to never have to deal with this and move to an Apple Silicon Mac mini as soon as it's updated with M1 Pro/max... but really really want the new functions in Final Cut Pro 10.6 that need Big Sur.... Never thought it be this complicated as I already had the Hackintosh working flawlessly already...

Yeah, I was hoping to never have to deal with this and move to an Apple Silicon Mac mini as soon as it's updated with M1 Pro/max... but really really want the new functions in Final Cut Pro 10.6 that need Big Sur.... Never thought it be this complicated as I already had the Hackintosh working flawlessly already...

This mini guide may help.

First you should have a backup of your EFI folder so you can always go back to it. Also a bootable USB drive of some sort to boot from or use as your testing playground before committing to your working system.

There is some documentation for Clover settings here:

You can always go through the Open Core guide and apply the setting from there to your Clover config.

To make life easier use Clover Configuator

I still use Clover, works well, (with 3 MacOS's paritions and 1 Windows partition) no need to jump through hoops like Open Core setup, but I am sure once you get use to OC it might be as easy as Clover.

First you should have a backup of your EFI folder so you can always go back to it. Also a bootable USB drive of some sort to boot from or use as your testing playground before committing to your working system.

There is some documentation for Clover settings here:

You can always go through the Open Core guide and apply the setting from there to your Clover config.

To make life easier use Clover Configuator

I still use Clover, works well, (with 3 MacOS's paritions and 1 Windows partition) no need to jump through hoops like Open Core setup, but I am sure once you get use to OC it might be as easy as Clover.
Yes, I have a backup system/drive that I am testing it out on, so can go back to my regular system/EFI anytime!

Thanks, will look into those links and hopefully I can get it to work! Much appreciated!

Hallelujah! SUCCESS!!!

Followed that to the best of my abilities, didn't work but then I copied some of the drivers from the OpenCore 0.7.4 installer to the drivers for Clover and IT WORKED!!!!

Now I have Big Sur 11.6 installed and seems to be working great!

Thank you ever so much for the help and patience!

Oh, no!
Seems like the Hack no longer recognises my 10G Ethernet card after the update... any suggestions how to solve that?

EDIT: found this thread:

EDIT 2: got it working!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back