Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

I'm VERY new to the world of hackintosh. In fact, I didn't even set mine up. Basically my problem is I cannot update any software from the "Software Update..." button under the Apple in the top left. Everytime I do, I get this screen with the apple logo and a bunch of computer code. Any fixes?

AliasNeo said:
Hello all,

I'm VERY new to the world of hackintosh. In fact, I didn't even set mine up. Basically my problem is I cannot update any software from the "Software Update..." button under the Apple in the top left. Everytime I do, I get this screen with the apple logo and a bunch of computer code. Any fixes?
What OS X, 10.6.8 or 10.7.x?
What happens if you go to Apple.com > support > downloads and download an update, then manually install?
I would be sure to backup to a separate drive prior to an update using SuperDuper or CCC. :thumbup:

I am having the same problem. No matter what i try to update to I always get a kernal panic. I have been trying to Google the problem for at least a week now and I still cant figure out what I am doing wrong. Is there anything I can use to keep the panics from happening?

Sorry, I wanted to start a new post, but I've been here for half an hour trying to find a ''POST'' or ''New Thread'' button... Just able to open a thread and do a reply...

Can I update iTunes to 10.6.1 (as prompted when I launch iTunes) on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 hackintosh ? Can I do it 'automated ? Or else : how would you proceed manually?

I can't plug my iPhone as is, I'm promted that this iTunes version is too old...

ButchMel said:
Sorry, I wanted to start a new post, but I've been here for half an hour trying to find a ''POST'' or ''New Thread'' button... Just able to open a thread and do a reply...

Can I update iTunes to 10.6.1 (as prompted when I launch iTunes) on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 hackintosh ? Can I do it 'automated ? Or else : how would you proceed manually?

I can't plug my iPhone as is, I'm promted that this iTunes version is too old...
Should be no problem.
With that said, since you didn't post any more information, I would use SuperDuper or CCC (Carbon Copy) to create a clone. Most of the time you can do the automated updates.
Just don't do it for system upgrades. After installation, If you have not done permissions for a while, run either disk utilities and repair permissions or run MultiBeast and check system utilities.
One other reason to download the update manually is you then have a copy. :thumbup:
BTW, to create a new post, goto the forum where it should be posted and click on the new topic button at the top/bottom left of the page. :wave:

I hate to jump on an old thread, but for some reason I cannot start a new one. I also am having trouble using software update. When I do it automatically, I get the following error:

The update could not be expanded, and may have been corrupted during downloading. The update will be downloaded and checked again the next time that Software Update runs.

And if I download and try to install the download, I get a checksum error. Any help? Thanks.

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H B3
CPU: Intel i5 2500K
Graphics: GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6850 1GB DDR5
Other Components: Crucial m4 128 gb SSD
Corsair Force Series GT 128 gb SSD
Mac: Macbook Pro 2010 model
iMac 2006
Mac Plus (1988)
Apple IIe
iOS: Apple TV, iPad 3 Wifi
iPad 1G

brimcan said:
I hate to jump on an old thread, but for some reason I cannot start a new one. I also am having trouble using software update. When I do it automatically, I get the following error:

The update could not be expanded, and may have been corrupted during downloading. The update will be downloaded and checked again the next time that Software Update runs.

And if I download and try to install the download, I get a checksum error. Any help? Thanks.

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H B3
iMac 2006
Mac Plus (1988)
Apple IIe
iPad 1G
Click on the New Topic button next to Post Reply to start a new thread. What are you trying to download? :think:

JohnnyMac2001 said:
brimcan said:

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H B3
iMac 2006
Mac Plus (1988)
Apple IIe
iPad 1G
Click on the New Topic button next to Post Reply to start a new thread. What are you trying to download? :think:

There is no New Topic button, for some reason I cannot start new threads.

Anything I try to download, for example the itunes update. But really any download seems corrupted.

I would use disk utilities to check and repair permissions. I would also check the hard drive.
This is a screen shot of the bottom of the thread we are on with the new topic button on the lower left of the screen.
Still not understanding why you are having the issues. What OS version are you using?
Can you use a mac computer to download updates and get the new topic button on this website? :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-14 at 11.01.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-14 at 11.01.33 PM.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 205
I have used disk utilities and Multibeast to check and repair permissions without success. I have attached a screen shot showing that there is no button, and I am not allowed to start new threads for some reason. I have attempted to contact the administrators, without success. I am using 10.7.2, since I cannot download updates. When I do use another computer, and attempt to run updates or install software, I get a checksum error. Thanks.

Attachments

• Untitled.tiff
    437.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Untitled.tiff
    437.9 KB · Views: 210
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back