Contribute
Register

Can't switch over to Nvidia web driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please update your profile to include details of your graphics card :
Updated. I listed my full system in the original post thinking that would help, but thanks for letting me know about my profile info.

OK I think I got it now. config.plist attached below.
I corrected a few minor omissions in your config.plist but the most likely culprit for your graphics drivers not working is the lack of native NVRAM support.

Run the Clover installer and select EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts :

RC.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 248
I corrected a few minor omissions in your config.plist but the most likely culprit for your graphics drivers not working is the lack of native NVRAM support.

Run the Clover installer and select EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts :

View attachment 267323
Thanks P1LGRIM, but I've already tried doing that multiple times without any success.

I read on another forum that updating to a newer BIOS version helped NVRAM issues. Any advice for or against that?

Actually most of the 100 series breaks the native NVRAM support on newer BIOS.

I've checked your config.plist, you still need kext-dev-mode=1 checked and remove the iGPU stuffs I guess.

Also, check if your Graphics settings in BIOS and make sure it is set to PEG.

Actually most of the 100 series breaks the native NVRAM support on newer BIOS.

I've checked your config.plist, you still need kext-dev-mode=1 checked and remove the iGPU stuffs I guess.

Also, check if your Graphics settings in BIOS and make sure it is set to PEG.
Thanks shasen1235 - in my BIOS the only Graphics options I see are Initial Display which is set to PCIe Slot 2 (Graphics Card) and Internal Graphics which is set to disabled. Where would PEG be found?

Thanks shasen1235 - in my BIOS the only Graphics options I see are Initial Display which is set to PCIe Slot 2 (Graphics Card) and Internal Graphics which is set to disabled. Where would PEG be found?
Did you put your card in the second slot? I don't know if it will effect the result but I would definitely put my card to the first slot if I'm not doing either SLI or CF.

I'm guessing because iMac SMBIOS will only read from the first slot if you don't have custom SSDT injected, and since you have webdriver installed bu the system can't read from where it supposed to be, it will work under vesa mode.

Check where you card is installed, if it's really on slot 2, put it to slot 1, change the settings in bios and see if it works.

I'm having the exact same problem here, except that pcie slot 1 is a pcie mini slot, and my graphics card is pcie, so putting it in slot 1 is not an option. What was it about a custom SSDT you were talking about?

Thanks P1LGRIM, but I've already tried doing that multiple times without any success.

I read on another forum that updating to a newer BIOS version helped NVRAM issues. Any advice for or against that?

Hi. You said, you tried installing EmuVariable EFI Driver. Is it still installed? It's absolutely needed - 99.9% sure! Please look for <EFI-Volume>/EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to be right there.
If Emuvariable driver is correctly installed, native NVRAM access is not needed anymore. kext_dev_mode can be ignored. It's obsolete since El Capitan.

Ok, NVRAM is one point. But your config.plist still has some flaws in it. I disabled nvda_drv and some other stuff and enabled some... just try it.;) On my board it's working perfect. ACPI stuff is untouched because i don't know if any further SSDT fixes are in your setup.

@willmurray461 shasen probably means the first full speed PCIe slot (PCI Express 3.0 x16). Thats the right place for a single gfx-card setup without acpi modifications.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
I got SAME issues with ALL the same parts you use.
Let me know if you solve it !
I'm working on it, so I'll let you know if I solve it.

Thanks bros !

I got SAME issues with ALL the same parts you use.
Let me know if you solve it !
I'm working on it, so I'll let you know if I solve it.

Thanks bros !

In the end, all I had to do was switch over my boot drives. I was booting from the installer usb thumb drive the whole time, when I should've been booting from my Sierra solid state drive. It's been a while but I think it was a BIOS setting. Or maybe it was just choosing to boot from Sierra at the clover startup screen. Either way, boot from your system drive, not the installer drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back