Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Hi Guyz

Felt battery was draining a little faster and wanted to switch of bluetooth on clicking on settings i found out, i can't switch it off. The sign is non-editable, Just on. cant switch it off.

Thanks

Hi Guyz

Felt battery was draining a little faster and wanted to switch of bluetooth on clicking on settings i found out, i can't switch it off. The sign is non-editable, Just on. cant switch it off.

Thanks

You can disable the BT chip by taping pins on the mini PCIe card. Do a search.

Here's the link (I happened to have it open in my browser, as I'm going to do this mod too -- I don't need BT at all): http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=48885&start=20

The link is partially broken unfortunately, maybe legacy forum issue?

I would like to see the photos of the pins that I have to tape

Here, I pulled this from a google cached page:

timohour said:
For those interested disabling their their bluetooth, instead of removing the chip (dangerous cause you can short-circuit something without knowing) you can tape the two pins that have the USB signal. Use some sellotape to cover the two pins I highlighted on the following image. Take care, it is not on the side you see when you open your lappy, but on the opposite.

Somebody asked for the mini pci-e pinout too so I attach it.

The pins you have to insulate are pins 36 & 38 (or one of them). Add some sellotape on those pins and it will be like you removed your BT chip.

You can also add another device on this bus (serious modding). Whitelist won't be a problem as it is only addressed on mini pci-e ports not USB.
I am soon going to find out if the unsoldered port supplied for wwan can be enabled and use its USB pins (if working) y to add a mini pci-e (USB) Bluetooth device there. (there are many on eBay ~ 8-10$).

card image:
wirelesscardminipciehal.png

pinout image:
pinout.jpg

Keywords: Bluetooth Tape Taping Pins Disable PCIe Pinout Picture Photo Image

Thank you so much, RehabMan

I searched on "google" and "google images" many times but I wasn't able to catch the right photos because I never seen those posted on tonymacx86

Thank you so much, RehabMan

I searched on "google" and "google images" many times but I wasn't able to catch the right photos because I never seen those posted on tonymacx86

Hey no problem...

I just did this myself (taped the pins). Now maybe I won't have to deal with the stupid Bluetooth Setup Wizard that always shows on fresh installs. I have no plans to use bluetooth, especially the crappy AR3011 on my AR5B195 combo card...

I don't know about other, but this freaking posting should be in BOLD CAPS! I love the fact I can disconnect BT, forever!!

Here, I pulled this from a google cached page:

card image:
View attachment 68682

pinout image:
View attachment 68683

Thank you, I followed your guide and the Bluetooth is disabled now no Bluetooth icon in the system preference anymore. are there specific USB BTs for Mac? My USB BT can't find devices!

Edit: I tried another USB BT, It was the same as the built-in one. connected for seconds then disconnected.

Isn't disabling Bluetooth in BIOS just enough? I do it to turn off bluetooth. Maybe it's wrong?

I have disabled bluetooth through the terminal on two of my systems without any issues:

Must be run with root privileges:

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist ControllerPowerState 0
Turns OFF bluetooth

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist ControllerPowerState 1
Turns on bluetooth

just another idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back