Graphics
GTX 1070 SC
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm using my Hackintosh since a few months and everything is well oiled. I was using a two monitors setup (24" HD and an old Dell monitor) and everything was working fine.

But I replaced the 24" with a 32" 4K UHD monitor recently and, since then, it seems I can't connect anymore my two monitors at the same time..
  • When I start the computer with the two monitors connected to the GFX card, the computer doesn't startup. The 32" monitor tells me there's no signal and I can't open the Clover menu at startup.
  • When I start the computer with only the 4K monitor, I can connect the second monitor but, after a little while, the main monitor starts to loose the signal. I then try a restart, but the computer doesn't start normally as when two of them are connected.
I tried my monitors with every combinations I could think of (using the HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI ports alternatively), but nothing worked out.

Here's my setup :
  • GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboards - Intel
  • Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80677I77700K Desktop Processor
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition
  • Gigabyte GC-ALPINE RIDGE Thunderbolt3 Certified PCI-E Expansion card Rev 1.0
  • WD Black 512GB Performance SSD - M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive - WDS512G1X0C as main SSD
  • Ballistix Sport LT 64GB (16GBx4) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DIMM 288-Pin - BLS2K16G4D240FSB

Anyone got a cue on that? I'm on OS X Sierra 10.12.6

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Verbose mode 4K monitor only.mp4.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 103
  • config.plist
    13.2 KB · Views: 191
  • octanebench-results.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Verbose with 2 monitors.zip
    41.6 MB · Views: 189
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 7.45.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 7.45.25 PM.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Hi,

I'm using my Hackintosh since a few months and everything is well oiled. I was using a two monitors setup (24" HD and an old Dell monitor) and everything was working fine.

But I replaced the 24" with a 32" 4K UHD monitor recently and, since then, it seems I can't connect anymore my two monitors at the same time..
  • When I start the computer with the two monitors connected to the GFX card, the computer doesn't startup. The 32" monitor tells me there's no signal and I can't open the Clover menu at startup.
  • When I start the computer with only the 4K monitor, I can connect the second monitor but, after a little while, the main monitor starts to loose the signal. I then try a restart, but the computer doesn't start normally as when two of them are connected.
I tried my monitors with every combinations I could think of (using the HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI ports alternatively), but nothing worked out.

I've got the "EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition" GFX and the rest of my setup should be in my hardware signature! :)

Anyone got a cue on that? I'm on OS X Sierra 10.12.6

Thanks in advance!

PS : I attached the Verbose mode with the 4K monitor only in case it's useful
Look into bios and enable csm

Thanks for the cue @macSteve83

I tried to find CSM support but it's only available when the "Windows 8/10 Features" is set to "Windows 8/10" instead of "Other OS" as it's mostly suggested in the forums.

I tried "Windows 8/10" + "CSM Enabled" but it doesn't work. I've got the same issue as before :(

Here's a Verbose video from the Hackintosh with two monitors connected just before a black screen shows up

I also attached the Config and the Octane Bench results.

Does it gives any crucial/interesting infos about the bug?

Attachments

• IMG_2157.MOV.zip
    41.6 MB · Views: 174
  • config.plist
    13.2 KB · Views: 169
  • octanebench-results.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Can you enable your iGPU and also enable "Multi-monitor" under iGPU? You don't need to use it, but it's good to have it enabled.

Looks like you're using iMac 18,3, which has an iGPU...which you should enable.

Also if CSM is enabled, disable it...or vice versa.

Also make sure to have nVidiaGraphicFixup in kext/other

Can you enable your iGPU and also enable "Multi-monitor" under iGPU? You don't need to use it, but it's good to have it enabled.

Looks like you're using iMac 18,3, which has an iGPU...which you should enable.

Also if CSM is enabled, disable it...or vice versa.

Also make sure to have nVidiaGraphicFixup in kext/other

Thanks @izo1

I activated iGPU but don't have Multi-monitor options on my board. I don't have CSM option neither. Both NVIDIAfixup and Lilu kexts are installed

With those settings, I can see both of my screens receiving signal. Though, I can't see any signal send to them during the boot. It means I can't go into the BIOS nor the Clover menu..

I tried to connect the second monitor via a DVI or HDMI cable to the iGPU but the screen kept showing the Apple loading logo, while the main screen is showing the Login screen + the OS working properly.

Is there any solution to that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back