Sparkle GeForce GTX 580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I am currently using a Compaq CQ62-410US. I have been to HP's driver download page in an effort to determine which audio codec I should be using. The HP page wants me to install the Realtek High Definition Driver (if I were running windows that is). In light of this, I am assuming I would need to install one of the ALCxxx kexts within multibeast.

Problem is, I have tried them all. At least I hope I tried them right. My steps were:
1. Open multibeast
2. Choose one ALCxxx kext
3. Install kext
4. Reboot
5. No audio
6. Back to step 1
7. Repeated steps until all ALCxxx kexts and all VoodooHDA kexts were tried

Still no audio.

Please let me know if anyone feels I have missed anything or done something incorrectly while trying the different kexts.

Also, if anyone has an idea how I could determine exactly which codec my system uses, I would be extremely appreciative.

Thanks!

Hi,
I am currently using a Compaq CQ62-410US. I have been to HE'S driver download page in an effort to determine which audio codec I should be using. The HP page wants me to install the Realtek High Definition Driver (if I were running windows that is). In light of this, I am assuming I would need to install one of the ALCxxx kexts within multibeast.

Problem is, I have tried them all. At least I hope I tried them right. My steps were:
1. Open multibeast
2. Choose one ALCxxx kext
3. Install kext
4. Reboot
5. No audio
6. Back to step 1
7. Repeated steps until all ALCxxx kexts and all Voodoo HD kexts were tried

Still no audio.

Please let me know if anyone feels I have missed anything or done something incorrectly while trying the different kexts.

Also, if anyone has an idea how I could determine exactly which codec my system uses, I would be extremely appreciative.

Thanks!

Obtain audio codec dump from Linux...

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

I do not have Linux installed. Will these steps work from a LiveCD?

Use Live CD or USB. No need to install.

The LiveCD worked great. Thanks!

My system uses the ALC270 codec.

I did some google searching and actually found an ALC270 kext.

I've attached it in case anyone else needs it. I used Kext Wizard to install it.

ALC270View attachment AppleHDA.kext.zip

The LiveCD worked great. Thanks!

My system uses the ALC270 codec.

I did some google searching and actually found an ALC270 kext.

I've attached it in case anyone else needs it. I used Kext Wizard to install it.

ALC270View attachment 96529

You might want to indicate which layout ID this AppleHDA requires and give credit for where you found it.

You might want to indicate which layout ID this AppleHDA requires and give credit for where you found it.

Hey,

Guess I owe an apology. I'm trying to learn as much as I can, but I'm not sure what you are referring to about the Layout ID. I honestly found the kext by searching Google.

I found it on another forum, apparently by a forum member there named Mirone.

Again, Sorry and Thanks!

Hey,

Guess I owe an apology. I'm trying to learn as much as I can, but I'm not sure what you are referring to about the Layout ID. I honestly found the kext by searching Google.

I found it on another forum, apparently by a forum member there named Mirone.

Again, Sorry and Thanks!

In order to get it to work, you must patch DSDT with the correct layout-id. It looks like layout-id=1 to me. Can you confirm?

Post ioreg if you don't know... http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

In order to get it to work, you must patch DSDT with the correct layout-id. It looks like layout-id=1 to me. Can you confirm?

Post ioreg if you don't know... http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Here is a copy of the ioreg file as well as the original file
I obtained from the other forum which included the AppleHDA.kext and a DSDT.aml file (I personally only used the kext and did nothing with the included DSDT file).

View attachment ALC270.zip
View attachment IOReg.ioreg

Here is a copy of the ioreg file as well as the original file
I obtained from the other forum which included the AppleHDA.kext and a DSDT.aml file (I personally only used the kext and did nothing with the included DSDT file).

View attachment 96595
View attachment 96596

Yes, as I thought. According to ioreg, you're setting layout-id=1.

BTW, you have a lot of work to do here. You don't have working graphics yet (maybe due to Celeron unsupported graphics...) Or maybe it is not important for your purposes.

This laptop is probably not a good laptop for Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back